Chapter 17

Christina's POV

While Jessie gets some sleep I sit on the other half of the bed and go on my phone for a while. I tweet something to the CimFam and then DM a few of them back. Suddenly my phone goes to a different screen because I'm getting an incoming call. I pick it up before seeing who it is.

C: Hello?
Mom: Hi Christina
C: Oh hi mom
Mom: Why is Jessie in Sacramento with you?
C: I needed someone and she knew it and came here
Mom: Well I'm glad she's there for you but that's still no excuse. She is in major trouble when you two get home. Your dad and I have decided she won't be getting her birthday party we had planned nor is she going to be allowed out of the house for 2 weeks.
C: Please don't Mom!!! Please!
Mom: *sighs* We have to Christina. She needs to learn.
C: Just let me explain what happened when we get back before you decide anything 100%
Mom: Fine, please be safe and come home soon
C: We will, I promise.
Mom: Love you
C: Love you too

I hang up the phone feeling slightly sick. Jessie is in such huge trouble and it's mostly my fault. I hear a rustling of sheets and Jessie rolls over and looks up at me.

"What's going on?" she asks and I hesitate, unsure of what I should tell her.

"Mom told me you're really gonna be punished but I'm gonna try to make it less of one," I say and she gives me a slight smile.

"It's alright Chrissy. What is she planning?" she asks curiously.

"No birthday party and no leaving the house for 2 weeks," I sigh and look down at my hands. She sits up next to me.

"Don't you dare blame yourself," she says in a warning tone, "I deserve it and it's not really that bad."

"But it sucks and it's not fair," I state but as I look at her, she doesn't really seem phased.

"Life isn't fair so whatever. I'm content with my decision and am okay with whatever consequence comes from it," she says with confidence. I smile at her, words can't express how proud I am and how I can't believe she's nearly an adult. I know she can handle the responsibilities though.

We decide to drive home after lunch, since we have two cars, we can't talk but that's alright. We go to a café for lunch and I get an amazing salad while Jessie goes for a turkey sandwich. We already have our bags in the trunks of our cars and the momenr we finish eating, we hit the road.

I sing along to a playlist Lauren and Amy made for me a while ago on my phone and move my head to the music. I have my windows rolled down because it's like 85 degrees today. Jessie must have hers down as well because I can faintly hear her trying to rap super fast. I giggle a bit because she's really trying but can't keep up.

We finally drive into Malibu and go straight to our house. As we pull into the driveway, Joey, Alex, Amy, and Dani come out of the house and run to our cars.

"You guys went to Sacramento without us?!" Dani asks loudly.

"Yeah sorry about that," I say and Dani pouts a little and Amy nods, probably realizing there's a good reason why I went. Joey gives me a cute little hug and I talk to him about a recent water polo game he was at.

I notice Alex walked over to Jessie and I see him whisper something in her ear. She looks worriedly at him and he looks down. I wonder what's going on.

Jessie's POV

We arrive home and Joey gives me a big hug. I grin at him and then he goes to give Christina a hug. Alex walks over to me and takes me aside a bit.

"Lisa doesn't seem well," he whispers in my ear.

"Why?" I ask.

"Ever since this morning when she got up she's been really rude to everyone and snappish," he whispers and I look at him worriedly. Alex looks down and I question if he knows more than he's saying. I'll have to talk to my bunk-mate to find out what is going on.