Chapter 24

Jessie's POV

"Dani!!" I hear Christina exclaim and someone pulls me up.

"Oops sorry," Dani says with a sheepish look on her face. It was just them. I shake my head at her and wait for my heart to stop pounding from fear.

"So how was it?" Kath asks and 6 pairs of eyes look at me waiting expectantly.

"It was amazing," I say and they urge me to share details, "We went to this nice restaurant and then went and saw Pitch Perfect 2 and now well... he kissed me before he left."

"Ahhhhhh!" Dani and Christina squeal in happiness.

"Our little Jessie is growing up," Lisa says in a baby voice and I laugh.

"I'm so happy for you," Amy tells me and I hug her for saying that. After a while longer Alex knocks on the door and says it's 2 am and that he wants to sleep. Oops. Christina, Kath, and Amy go back to their room and I go to the bathroom to change into pajamas before climbing into bed. I try to fall asleep but I'm still so happy and excited from tonight.

I get up and quietly go down to the kitchen and make myself some hot chocolate. I grab some marshmallows to put it in.

"Can't sleep?" I hear a voice ask and I turn around.

"Nope," I say and she comes over to me, "Want some hot chocolate?" She nods and I pour her a mug of it too.

"So your date really was great?" she asks.

"Yeah can I tell you something?" I ask and of course she says yes.

"Lise, I think I'm falling for Eric," I say quietly. She grins and practically jumps for joy.

"I really am happy for you. I hope it works out and hey don't overthink things okay? What happens will happen and as long as he makes you happy, we're 100% with you on it," Lisa tells me and I feel relieved. She knew I was overthinking things of course.

We sit at the table drinking our hot chocolate in a nice silence. It's peaceful. I finish and put my mug in the dishwasher and so does Lisa. We walk upstairs together and I get in my top bunk and she gets into her bottom bunk, both of us careful not to wake up Dani and Lauren. We whisper goodnight to each other before I finally fall asleep.

I feel someone pushing my shoulder and I groan.

"Leave me alone," I mumble.

"Christina told me to wake you up," I hear a timid and cute voice say and I open my eyes and smile.

"It's okay, good morning Joey," I say and he smiles and says good morning. I see that it's 11 am, wow even Lisa is up already. I throw a hoodie on over my pajamas and walk downstairs with Joey.

"About time you woke up," Dani says and I swat her shoulder, she laughs.

"Thanks Joe," Christina tells my youngest brother and he smiles proudly. He really is growing up so fast.

I hear a cell phone ringing upstairs but I don't know whose it is. Amy runs up the stairs to answer it and comes down a few minutes later.

"Guess who has a date tonight," she says in a singsong voice. Everyone including me turns to face her.

"Woah you have a date??" Lauren asks.

"Why so surprised?" Amy says pretending to be hurt, "But no not me, Jessie." Everyone now faces me and I jump up.

"Eric called?" I ask like an excited 5 year old. Amy nods and grins and tells me he's picking me up at 7 and to wear something comfortable. I squeal and realize I only have a little over 7 hours. Ahhhh!!!

A few hours later I shower and then put on a pair of ripped light skinny jeans and a white tank top with a red flannel. I look a bit like Dani.

This time Amy helps me with my makeup and hair because Lisa is out at the store. Kath comes in and helps too.

6:59 the doorbell rings and I walk downstairs where Alex is talking to Eric. I hope he doesn't scare him too much. Eric takes my hand and we hug before going to his car.

"You look so beautiful as always," he says and I feel my knees go weak, thank goodness I'm sitting down in the passenger seat. He drives to a deserted parking lot and opens my door for me.

"Where are we?" I ask and he covers my eyes and gets me to walk a bit. When he finally uncovers them, I grin.

"Oh my god Eric you did this?" I ask with pure happiness at the sight. There's candles burning around a blanket in this empty field. A picnic basket sits on the blanket.

"Yeah, only the best for you," he says and I can't stop smiling. We sit down on the soft blue blanket and he opens up the basket. He pours some apple cider into wine glasses because we're still underage but it looks perfect anyways. He gets out sandwiches and we eat them. Then there's grapes and I take one and put it in his mouth. Eric laughs and then feeds me one. We eventually end up throwing grapes to each other and seeing if we can catch them in our mouths. He's fun, I love that about him.

He then takes out 2 chocolate cupcakes and I practically drool over it. They look and taste sooo good. After we finish eating I look into his eyes and he looks straight into mine. We lean forward and he kisses me passionately, his tongue finds its way into my mouth.

We only stop making out to take quick breaths before continuing, but eventually I realize we're laying down on the blanket and his shirt is off. He starts to pull on my shirt before I back away.

"Sorry, sorry I didn't mean to go this far this fast," Eric quickly apologizes and I nod.

"I-it's fine, I'm just not ready for that yet," I tell him and he says that he understands and respects that. I'm so glad, a lot of 18 year old guys wouldn't.

We lay next to each other, talking for hours and just looking up at the stars that have emerged in the nighttime sky. I look at my phone and I see 21 missed calls and 34 texts. I notice the time and quickly jump up.

"Shit shit shit," I mumble and Eric sits up with concern on his face.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"It's 3:30 am, my family is so worried about me, I lost track of time," I explain and we pack up the stuff and quickly go to his car. As he drives me home I text on the family group chat that Im so sorry and that I'm on my way home.

How much trouble will I be in now?