Chapter 26

Lauren's POV

My brothers and parents went out earlier and now my sisters all went to the mall. I haven't been home alone in so long, this should be wonderful. I sing and skip through my house, it's quiet, it's empty. I sometimes think about how cute Eric is, not that I'd ever admit it. I'm also jealous of Jessie, she's really found a great guy from what she's told.

I distract myself from that however and end up watching youtube videos in my bed. I'm only in sweatpants and a tank top because there's no need for me to make an effort if I'm not going anywhere.

I skype Ellie for a little while and practice my part for a new cover. I always crave to be alone but then when I get to be, I can never find things to do. I'm so used to being around my siblings. That's how I like it.

The doorbell rings and I pause the video and run to answer it. I open the door and stand in shock.

"E-E-Eric h-hi," I stutter, mentally facepalming myself. I sound so stupid.

"Hey Lauren, right?" he asks and I nod, he smiles, "Is Jessie home?"

"No, no one's home, my sisters all went to the mall," I tell him and he frowns.

"Oh will she be home soon?" he asks and I assume they will be so I let him in. I get him a glass of juice and some of Kath's homemade cookies and tell him to just make himself at home before going back to my room to watch youtube.

I watch several videos before I see someone walk into my room. From my top bunk I can tell it's Eric.

"Hey, sorry, I got bored downstairs," he says and looks up at me. There's a cute boy in my room oh my gosh. Wait Lauren no, this isn't allowed. If they come home they'll kill me.

"Can I come up?" Eric asks and I shrug, unsure of what to say. He sits down on my bed next to me.

"I don't think I've ever told you how beautiful you are," he says and I can't help but smile and blush.

"Thank you," I whisper and I make the mistake of looking into his eyes. They're so gorgeous, it's like I get lost in them. I've never felt like this before.

The next thing I know Eric's soft lips brush against mine and he puts his arms around me. I kiss back, lost in the moment. He kisses me so deep, so passionately. It feels like time has stopped and it's only him and I.

I don't think about what he's doing, all I can think about is how hot he is, how nice he is. Suddenly my shirt is off and so is his. We continue kissing and I feel his hand go down my sweatpants.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY SISTER!!" I hear someone yell and I pull away from Eric realizing I'm half naked.

Jessie grabs Eric by the hair and pulls him from my bed onto the floor. All my other sisters come running into the room and I quickly put on a shirt.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!" Jessie yells.

"Your sister is hot," he says with a smirk and I watch as Jessie slaps him hard and then punches him twice. My sisters stare at me and then at them and I bury myself in my blanket. I then realize what happened. Eric almost had sex with me.

I hear Jessie drag Eric down the stairs and I hear the front door slam. Then she comes back upstairs. I need to apologize.

"Jessie I'm so sorry," I tell her, looking up from my blanket. She looks steaming mad. All my sisters look confused and upset and unsure of what to do.

"Save it Lauren, just save it," Jessie snaps and runs out of the room. I begin to cry and Dani and Amy quickly run to me. Amy rubs my back while Dani hugs me.

"I'm a horrible person," I whisper.

"No you're not Laur, he was taking advantage of you. It's his fault," Amy tells me and I know she's right I just can't believe it.

"If... if you didn't come home..." I trail off and suddenly feel sick to my stomach. I get up and run to the bathroom, Dani holds my hair back as I throw up for several minutes. Finally it stops and I wipe my mouth and sit back against the bathroom wall.

"She'll never forgive me," I say quietly with tears streaming down my cheeks. I love Jessie and I never wanted to hurt her.

"Everything'll be okay," Amy tries to reassure me but I know she's unsure of it herself.

"You don't know that, maybe nothing will ever be okay again," I say and cry harder.