Chapter 32

Jessie's POV

"I'm a horrible person," Lauren blurts out and I grab her hand.

"No you're not. You're only human," I tell her and she continues to look down at her legs.

"I shouldn't have done it... I don't know what I was thinking. Actually I wasn't thinking," Lauren begins talking really fast and I just sit there and listen to what she has to say, "When you bumped into Eric, I... I fell for him too. But I pretended I didn't because I knew you liked him and he liked you. When he came over the other day he said he was gonna wait for you so I left him downstairs at the TV and thought it'd be fine if I went to my room. But then he came up to my room and we talked a little before he started kissing me and I just... I let him."

Tears begin to stream down Lauren's face and I can feel just how guilty she feels. I know this wasn't her fault. It was Eric's.

"Laur," I whisper and wrap one arm around her. She looks at me with wide eyes but leans into my shoulder sobbing, "It's not your fault. He did this to us and I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to tell you that I'm not mad at you. It's him and myself I'm mad at."

Lauren hugs me and I hug back, it feels wonderful to be back on good terms with her. Fighting with my sisters only makes things harder. She may only be a year younger than me but I'll still always be fiercely protective of her. I wouldn't mind seeing Eric again to pound his head in for what he did to Lauren.

"AWEEEEE," I hear someone say and look over to see Lisa walking into the room. Dani and Kath come running and they smile at the sight of Lauren and I hugging.

"You two made up?" Kath asks and both of us nod. I know her and I are going to be okay from now on.

"DINNER!!" Christina screams from downstairs and we all scramble down to the kitchen table. Mom puts all the things on the table and we each help ourself to the potatoes, grilled chicken, and salad.

Dani makes up a song about chicken and her and the younger boys all sing it while the rest of us laugh at their antics. Dani is so mature yet so immature, I think maybe the perfect combination.

"C'mon Lauren, sing with us," Dani pleads and Laur rolls her eyes trying not to laugh. Eventually she gives in and sings along. Dinner goes by smoothly and then Christina announces a band meeting in her room. My 6 sisters all head up there but I stay behind, obviously not part of the band.

A hand grabs mine from behind and drags me up the stairs. I realize it's Amy and I laugh a little. She takes me to the room and I question why I've been included in the band meeting.

"Okay so two things. One, we need to post a cover before we leave for our tour. Two, here's the setlist for the tour. And we have a special idea if you'd like Jessie," Christina says and I look at her confused.

"What?" I ask and all my sisters smile at me. They must all be in on whatever this is.

"Shortly after we met you we let you sing a little with us. Would you like to do this cover along with us and then perform it on stage as well?" Christina asks.

"Wait... no. This is your band and your concert. I'm no part of it and I also don't want to disappoint your fans."

"Okay well first don't you have like close to 100 thousand followers on twitter because you're our sister and the fans want to interact with you?" Lisa states and I know she's got me there.

"Well yeah..." I say trailing off.

"How about we tweet and ask people what they think?" Dani suggests and I agree to it.

Each of them posts a tweet that says: Fav or RT if you want our sister @JessieCimorelli to sing a cover with us on tour!!

Within moments there's hundreds of favs and RTs on each of their tweets. I read through the replies and although there's some rude ones I'm slightly shocked at how many people are saying yes.

I tweet out that I'll do it and my sisters cheer. Amy hugs me and then Christina joins in the hug. Lisa and Dani are being crazy and Lauren and Kath are grinning.

"Looks like we have a few days to practice this," Christina says, "7 am tomorrow morning you guys better be up so we can start choosing and arranging a song." Everyone groans a little at how early that is but I'm also secretly really excited. It's surreal that I'm gonna be going on tour with them and then singing a cover on stage. WOW.