kudere!tsukishima kei | you become happy

kūdere!tsukishima kei | you become happy
x gender neutral
[edited]

"Tsukki, it's alright to cry." you told the taller boy as he crouched over his bed with his head in his hands. The boy was trembling from the news and couldn't bring himself to even speak a single word. Kei had just been notified his beautiful grandmother had passed on in her sleep and he wasn't handling it well. You, being his best friend, were there to comfort him since she was held in your heart too.

"Tsukki, don't bottle it up. I'm here, it'll be okay." you said, hugging the boys shoulders as he sniffed slightly and roughly pushed you away harshly onto his bed and stood up, clenching his fists.

"No it won't, (y/n)! Don't you get it, nothing will be okay! You idiot!"He yelled and ran out of his room and out of the house into the rain.

Kei was never like this, he was never one to show feelings of any sort around others but that's what you loved about him, the fact that he could pretend like nothing bothered him. You had fallen in love with him, badly. Now wasn't the time though, you had to be there for him as friend! A sad smile on your face as you grabbed his hoodie and an extra sweater and an umbrella, slipping on his sweater which smelt like him, you began your trek through the rain after notifying his mother that you would bring him back safe and sound which made Mrs. Tsukishima tear up more.

You walked for several minutes looking for the blonde beanpole before sighing. "Where are you Kei?" You wondered aloud as you kept looking through the streets until you arrived at the park where you, Tsukki and Yamaguchi would hang out sometimes when they didn't have volleyball practice.

You entered the park and saw onlookers run off, trying to avoid the rainfall and giving you weird looks as you kept walking inside. That's when you saw him sitting against a tree with his drenched hoodie covering his head and his black rimmed glasses beside him, water droplets running down the glass lenses.

"Kei..." You whispered, standing over him and shielding him from the rain with your umbrella and he looked up to see your sad face staring down at his.

"Im sorry...for calling you a idiot." he apologised, looking away from you as he rubbed his eyes, they were red and puffy giving evidence that he had been crying before she arrived here.

"It's alright." you told him, sitting beside him on the wet grass and offering him his dry hoodie you had taken from his room and he took the wet one off and replaced it with the dry one.

"And for yelling at you..." He whispers as you cleans his glasses and handing them back to him with a small smile.

"It's alright." you told him again and his eyebrows furrow as he fiddles with his glasses.

"Don't lie to yourself, (y/n). It wasn't alright for me to pinpoint all my anger and sadness on you." he shouted, covering his eyes making you laugh slightly.

"I'd rather you get angry at me then bottle it up, Kei. I care about you and I can't stand you being upset." You told him as he slumped forward onto your shoulder as you hugged him with one arm since you were holding an umbrella. "I know I can't bring your grandmother back but I reckon even she'd agree with me that you shouldn't keep all that rage and sadness inside you, it's not healthy!"

"I know, I know.... I'm sorry." he whispers against your neck as he holds you tighter.

"You become happy by living a life that means something to someone else, you mean something to me Kei." you told him as he caressed your (h/c) tresses.

"Thank you." he said, helping you up so you stood with him. "I love you, (y/n)." you looked at him with joy, obviously thinking he meant as friends.

"Of course, we've known each other since toddlers!"

"Not like that, I love you as a significant other not a friend." he said, closing the gap between you and giving you a sweet and passionate kiss, he tasted like strawberry shortcake and rain but he was kissing you.

You soon broke apart, "I love you too, Kei."

"Good, grandmother made me promise her that I'd make you mine." he said, a sad smile on his face as he flicked your forehead and you stuck your tongue out at him.

"You're so annoying!" That made him chuckle and kiss your nose.

"I'm glad that you opened up to me, you're grandmother is always looking over you, Tsukki." you told him and he hugged you again.

"I know she is, I can tell she's smiling upon us now. C'mon, you'll catch a cold if we don't get back soon." Tsukki said as he pulled you to walk with him under the umbrella back home. "Grandmother would  kill me if I let you get sick over me!"

"Shut up!" You whacked his arm playfully as he snatched your hand and held it with his.

"Oh, by the way, is that my sweater by any chance?"

c o n t a c t  m e: (please identify yourself :) )

💌 instagram: fizzyteaa (anime) | felicity.v (personal)

💌 tumblr: fizzy-ice-tea.tumblr.com

💌 tumblr study blog: refill-my-cup-please.tumblr.com

💌line: fizzytea

💌vine: -saiko