xmas!sugawara koushi | christmas miracle

x female
[edited]

The light of your laptop painted light blue hues on your face as you stared contently at the screen. You were currently in a Skype call with your boyfriend, Suga. He was in Tokyo for a college volleyball tournament and wouldn't be back until after Christmas and that pained you.

"I miss you." You whispered, the setter smiled and pressed his fingers against his screen that seemed to have separated the two of you. "I miss you too, just 3 more days and I'll be back." He'd been gone for a month since he had an extreme training camp as well.

"It's Christmas Eve, we can't spend the holiday together." You signed, staring outside your bedroom window where the snow blowed aimlessly in the wind.

Suga didn't like it when you were upset and alone but he couldn't do anything about it... But could he?

"I have a surprise for you when I get back, I promise you'll love it." Koushi promised, ruffling his hair awkwardly before bending down and picking something up, you thought it was a present of some sorts.

"Alright, it's 10 o'clock, I'm going to bed." You said dejected, making your boyfriends smile falter. It wasn't his fault for being away, but you couldn't help but feel extra lonely without his reassuring kisses and warm cuddles.

"Night, I love you." Suga told you, making you smile a little before responding. "I love you too." You shut your laptop and placed it on your nightstand before staring at the empty spot beside you on your bed.

"He's coming back, soon." You told yourself before falling asleep, Christmas was tomorrow.

...

You heard a quiet rap on your front door, waking you up. You turned and saw it was 11:57. You'd only slept basically 2 hours. Who was up at this time?!

Sighing, you grabbed a loose cardigan before going to open your door, letting the snow inside your warm home. There standing before you was the man you were longing for, you soon dragged him into a longing and passionate kiss.

"I'm home, (f/n)." Koushi whispered into your hair as you both hugged, just as the clock struck 12. What a Christmas miracle. You're present was Koushi coming home earlier just to spend Christmas with his beloved.

Weren't you lucky.