ch.72 Castle of Gold [Final]

*****Pic of Hangela on the right :] Credit @Hopinghighh

Harry shoved the guards away as he ran to me. They grabbed his arms and yanked him away, staring at Jordan for the next step.

Jordan shook her head. They let go of me. I nearly fell flat on my face, but Harry caught me in his arms.

He lowered me carefully, but gripped my waist so tightly the moment I stood upright that I was sure I couldn’t take another breath.

But it didn’t matter. Harry was my breath. He was my heart, my mind, body and soul and he is the reason why I couldn’t kill myself.

I loved him more than I loved myself and killing myself was like killing him. I couldn’t do it. My body wouldn’t let me. And I didn’t want it to.

Harry held my face gently, but firmly in his hands, his beautiful hands. I kissed his palm.

He smoothed aside my new blonde hair. Then he stared into my eyes and his marbles softened, close to tears.

Without another moment to spare, he pressed his lips urgently to mine.

“GET OUT OF HERE!” Gabriella shouted as clutched her nose and grabbed my arm with her other hand. Harry used his body as a shield and blocked her from getting to me.

Jordan nodded at the guards and they grinned as they yanked Gabriella.

“WAIT!” she screamed over and over, but her voice drowned out. All I could hear was Harry’s heart beating erratically with mine.

I looked up into his eyes.

“I’m so, sorry, Angie” he whispered softly. His voice trembled, ringing of apology and fear and happiness.

I shook my head slowly, dismissing his words. He didn’t need to say a word. Neither of us needed to say another word, but Harry continued.

“She said you would be hurt if I didn’t marry her. She said someone would hurt you- he would hurt--” he explained quietly, but still frantically.

His raspy voice grew quick and shrill as he imagined the horrible things the devil had planned for me in Sicily.

“It’s not your fault I’m related to the devil,” I laughed quietly.

Harry took a deep breath, then he shook his head as his lips curled into a grin.

“Yes, it is,” he smiled.

I looked up at him, confused as to what he meant.

“You’re an angel and every angel has an evil half,” he told me plainly.

I laughed lightly, but Harry pressed his lips to mine, interrupting my laugh with his warm tongue. It moved blissfully and eagerly with mine. Neither of us moved back, neither of us cared that a crowd full of people were staring at us in awe and shock and joy.

Someone started to clap. I turned to see Becky and Tony, who were standing awfully close to each other.

Becky winked at me and Tony grinned. Danny took a deep breath and he shook his head, ashamed he hadn’t recognized his own sister. Gemma kissed his cheek reassuringly. Zayn patted Niall’s neck, as if congratulating him on a bet.

I grinned and shook my head, knowing that the bet was about me and Harry.

***       

Delicate petals the color of peace ice cream drifted slowly to the ground. Grand oak trees with prickly branches cast long, lean shadows. Whispers from bees and butterflies wove through the meadow.