ch.21 Imagined

GO BACK AND READ THE ADDITIONS I MADE TO CH.20!!

****

Niall opened the door.

The tall, lean figure rushed past Niall and scanned the room.

Those green marbles rested on me and I could feel the worry and fear in his eyes.

Then his gaze followed to Liam who was still holding me close to him.

Liam swallowed hard, but stood his ground. I felt him tighten his grip as if holding on to me tightly would ensure me staying with him.

I pushed at Liam’s chest and Harry rushed to my side.

“Get your goddamn hands off of her!” Harry shouted at Liam with a lethal fury.

Harry pushed Liam back so hard, he slammed against the wall. Then he took my wrist and pulled me to him. 

“Angie, are you ok?” Harry asked me softly. “I called you about fifty times” he spoke slowly.

I felt my pocket and realized that I didn’t have my phone.

Harry took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes. I could have sworn he saw the betrayal on my face and was disgusted by it. But he didn’t. He wasn’t.

I looked down in shame, but Harry tilted my chin up so my gaze met his.

“You’re eyes are so green” I commented quietly.

He blinked.

“Like round little globes” I told him as I just stared into his eyes.

“Angie, are you drunk?” he asked.

I took a hesitant step to the left, but ended up hitting his shoulder and answering his doubts.

He wrapped his arm protectively around my waist and balanced my shaking, dizzy body.

I took Harry’s hand and intertwined my fingers with his, reminding myself that I loved him and only him.

“I was so worried about you” he confessed as he shook his head slightly letting his worry melt away. His hand patted my hair delicately.

“I’m so sorry, Harry. I’m so, so sorry. I didn’t mean to” I apologized quietly and tears started to slip down my cheek.

His thumb rubbed the corner of my lips gently.

All I wanted to do was say “sorry” to him until my voice went numb. I wished he knew every reason why I was saying sorry because I didn’t have the guts to admit them out loud.

“Baby, it’s ok” he reassured me and kissed the tear on my cheek. But his caring words made me want to cry more.

“Don’t cry, baby” he pleaded softly. He wrapped his arm tighter around my waist while his other arm was around my shoulders, fitting me against his warm, confident and faithful body.

But the sincerity of his words and emotions made me want to cry more. Why can’t I be in such control of myself and my emotions? Why am I so easily persuaded and confused?!

It looked more painful for him to see me cry than it was for me to stand there, feeling his heart beating in his chest, knowing that it was for me when mine was so disloyal.

I hid my face against his firm chest. I was shivering, but I wasn’t cold. My heart was.

Harry kissed my neck softly.

“You dick, you made her cry” Liam spat.

Harry turned and looked at Liam.

“You” Harry pointed at Liam with an almost venomous accusation.

“You need to get the hell out of here while you’re still alive” he threatened.

“I’m not going anywhere” Liam declared and he took a step toward Harry.

I turned and stared at him. Was he trying to get himself killed?!

“You’re pressing your luck, kid” Harry spoke through clenched teeth.

Harry turned to me and took my hand in his.

“I found her first” Liam spoke up.

Harry turned around slowly.

“Well I have her now” Harry retorted quickly. Then he turned and kissed my neck.

“I don’t think you heard me” Liam raised his voice and it rang with a sort of controlled anger.

Harry glared at him.

“What I meant was, you need to leave” Liam threatened calmly. He took a daring step closer to Harry.

I shook my head, but Liam ignored me.

“What the hell are you trying to pull?” Harry growled at Liam.

Liam stood his ground.

“Nothing. Just waiting until you get the message” Liam replied smugly.

“What are you talking about!?” Harry spat.

I saw his fists tighten into hard, dense balls.

“She’s leaving you” Liam spoke casually and he nodded toward me as if they had forgotten I was even there.

I stared at him and shook my head quickly.

Harry glared at Liam.

“Is that so?” Harry asked rhetorically.

“Yep.”   

Harry laughed, but it was a dark, cruel laugh.

“Kid, you need to control your imagination” Harry advised Liam.

“Oh, I don’t think I imagined the kiss” Liam spoke slowly and carefully, making sure Harry heard every single word.

My mouth hung open slightly.

I felt my heart slip and fall out of my chest. And I wished it would stay there and stop complicating my life.

Harry didn’t even bother to look at me. He trusted me. I was the only person he trusted, but I had broken that trust and I deserved every type of punishment.

Harry grabbed Liam by his collar and tried to slam him against the wall again, but Liam was resisting Harry’s brute strength.

“Harry!” I called, but he was lost in his Hulk mode.

“Woah” Niall exclaimed and he ran over to Harry and Liam.

I breathed a sigh of relief, thinking that Niall was going to stop the fight, but I was wrong.

“Take it outside” Niall patted Harry’s back.

“With pleasure” Harry grunted and he yanked Liam off the wall.

They both glared at each other as they walked outside.

“No!” I screamed.

But everyone ignored me.