ch.8 Late

Harry drove me to Constitution Hall in his truck. Becky went in Liam’s car and Danny, Zayn, Niall, and Tony doubled up in each other’s trucks and motorcycles.

The building looked like a replica of the Parthenon. And, for a second I thought Cowell was playing one last joke on us and would quiz us on Greek architecture once we got inside.

I laughed quietly and shook my head. If that was the case, Danny can take my test for me.

Harry took my hand and led me inside. But instead of going to the mass of eager and excited teenagers, he led me down a narrow hallway and to a more private room that happened to be open.

The lights were dim and there was makeshift furniture scattered randomly around the room.

“Where are we-” I started to ask, but Harry lowered his lips to mine, quieting me immediately.

He pressed his hard torso against my softening chest and let his tongue wander in the semi-darkness of the room.

“Harry” I whispered against his lips.

“Umm” he nodded but refused to move his lips from mine.

“I’m- going- to be- late” I told him in between breaths.

Harry laughed and I felt his warm breath fan over my lips.

I pushed at his chest slightly.

He took my face in his hands, making it that much harder for me to physically escape, let alone want to leave.

“Harry” I reminded him teasingly.

He shook his head slowly and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I kissed his cheek.

“I have to go” I told him again, but he tightened his grip

“No, you don’t” he purred as nuzzled my neck with his nose.

“Harry” I laughed lightly and wriggled slightly when his nose started to tickle my neck.

“I more minute” he whispered.

“Angie” a familiar voice nagged.

I turned and saw Becky waiting impatiently by the door.

“We have to be in line in 10 minutes” she reminded me.

Then she glanced at Harry’s hand at my waist and his lips close to mine and she smirked.

“Glad you could come, Harry” she grinned.

Then she winked at me.

I wanted to wipe that suggestive smirk right off her face, but decided against it. It’s our last day as high school students. It’s our late being our high school selves. So I let Becky be her intrusive and provocative self for just this day. I knew things were going to change real fast and real soon, Liam had made that slightly frightening but true point very clear.

Then she turned slowly and left to find her place in the line.

Harry continued to kiss along my neck.

“Harry” I laughed lightly again.

He held my wrists back against the wall while his legs stood firmly on either side of me, holding me against him and keeping me still.

Then his moist lips traced along the v-line of my dress.

I shifted slightly when his tongue tugged at a strap and glided along more skin.

He let his tongue linger a moment longer. I saw those dimple peak from his grin line when I sighed in pretend annoyance.

“Fine” he whispered against my chest. And he kissed my chest- just over my heart.