ch.22 Sold it

I started to run after them, but the floor was changing levels and I was still dizzy.

Niall closed the door once I reached it.

“Angela, you need to sit this one out” he told me.

“What?!” I protested.

“It’s gonna get ugly” he explained quietly as if I was a little child.

I shook my head quickly and stared at him as anger boiled in the alcohol still in my veins.

“Are you crazy? They’re gonna kill each other!” I yelled and I pushed at his chest, trying to get to the door knob.

But Niall just stood there and covered the door with his body.

He didn’t even blink. We might as well have been arguing over rainy weather or something trivial like that.

“Niall!” I shouted and reached for the door knob.

He shook his head stubbornly.

My heart sunk in my chest as I heard someone fall to the ground with a loud crash.

“Harry!” I called, but Harry couldn’t hear me. And even if he could, he wasn’t listening to anything except for the sound of his fist against Liam’s skull.

“Please” I begged Niall.
Niall looked into my eyes for a moment and I saw his determination wavering.

I looked up at him and desperately tried my “Bambi” eyes look and even let a few tears stream down my cheek.

Niall looked away quickly because I was getting to him.

I took his hand and he looked into my eyes.

“Please” I asked softly again.

He sighed and then opened the door begrudgingly.

I ran past him and squinted in the darkness.

“HARRY!” I screamed.

Then I stopped.

There was a figure on the cold street floor while another figure sat over his chest throwing more punches than I could count.

My heart sunk in my chest and I my knees began to give way.

Niall grabbed me by waist before I actually fell.

“Angela, you have to go back inside” he told me.

I shook my head and pushed at his chest.

“Angela!” he called.

I ran to the two figures as they broke each other’s bones and spilled each other’s blood.

“Stop!” I shouted. “Please, stop!” I started to beg them, but they continued on.

Harry threw a lethal punch at Liam’s nose and Liam cowered back and fell to the ground, clutching his nose.

“Angela, go inside” Harry ordered. His nose was bleeding and his eye was swollen.

I shook my head and ran into his chest.

He winced slightly.

I kissed his swollen cheek and cut lip and every injury that I had caused.

“I’m sorry, Harry. I’m so, so sorry” I apologized against his chest.

“Baby, you didn’t do anything wrong” he shook his head slowly and moved a loose hair from my cheek.

Then he turned to Liam again.

“Yes I did! This is all my fault” I took all the blame. It would be completely my fault if either of them ended up in the hospital.

Harry looked at me with confusion for a moment.

Liam took advantage of his split-second hesitation and threw a punch at Harry’s gut.

I clutched my stomach as if Liam had hit me, too.

“Liam stop!” I shouted.

“She wants me!” Liam declared.

Fury exploded within Harry and he lunged at Liam and tackled him to the ground.

“SHUT UP!” Harry growled.

I grabbed his arm and tugged, but he kept kicking Harry in the groin.

Harry held his crotch and squeezed his eyes shut.

Liam shook me off.

“This is what you wanted, isn’t it?” Liam accused me.

I held my breath and stared at him.

“No” I shook my head.

“Liam, please stop” I begged.

Liam ignored me and continued to kick Harry.

Harry tripped him and he fell forward.

Harry got up and sat over Liam’s chest, throwing punches left and right.

“STOP!” I screamed and my voice broke.

The both looked at me for a moment- all bloody, bruised and broken. They stopped and stared.

“Please” I begged once more with whatever voice I had left.

Niall came over and helped steady me.

Liam clutched Harry’s neck and began squeezing the life out of him.

“Liam!” I pleaded, but Niall kept tugging me away.

“Tell the truth” Liam snarled.

“Liam, please” I begged. “Please, let him go”

Liam shook his head and his eyes burned with a lethal fury. I didn’t even know who he was anymore.

“Tell him what happened” Liam growled. His nose was bleeding and there were numerous cuts over his forehead and cheek.

I stared at him and my mouth hung open in disbelief.

“W-what?” I asked.

What did he want from me?

“Tell him or I kill him” Liam threatened and he squeezed Harry’s throat even more.

“No!” I pleaded. I knelt down and held my breath as I saw Harry grasping for air.

Then I looked up at Liam’s dark eyes. There was no trace of gold in them now.

“Kissed” I mumbled.

“LOUDER!” Liam demanded.

“Liam kissed me” I spoke up.

“And?” Liam cocked his head closer.

“And I kissed him back” I admitted shamefully.

Harry stared at me with wide, horror-struck eyes.

I felt my heart bleeding incessantly, drowning me in my own guilt.

“But it didn't mean anything. It won't mean anything" I shook my head quickly and reached for Harry.

"Yes it did!" Liam growled.

I shook my head.

"I’m sorry, Harry” I apologized, but it was useless.

Harry was quiet.

Liam grinned and let go of Harry’s throat slowly.

Harry didn’t even take any breaths; he just lay there, staring at me.

For a moment, I thought I had killed him, just by my confession and not Liam’s dangerously determined hands.

“Harry, I’m so sorry” I apologized again, thinking he hadn’t heard me. But I knew he must have.

Harry got up slowly and stood up to his full height.

He took my hand and put it to his chest, just over his rapidly beating heart.

I wanted to fall to my knees and crawl into a ball.

“My heart was always your token, Angela” he whispered honestly in that deep raspy voice of his.

“But you sold it” he spoke in a numb voice.