ch.55 Every. Single. Knight.

"Easy now. Don't want to tire yourselves before your wedding night" a soft voice teased.

I blushed slightly in embarassment and pushed at Harry's chest until he moved back begrudgingly. 

I looked over Harry's shoulder and Harry exhaled in annoyance, but also gratitude- before turning around. I knew his mind had been fighting his body for control. And his body had been winning for a while, until Jordan's voice interrupted.

Jordan stood a few feet from us and had her arms crossed over her chest as she winked at me and Harry.

Harry pulled my bra back on and adjusted the straps of my dress over it. I picked up his shirt and he tugged it on quickly.

"You both seem eager for tasting, how about the cakes?" she winked.

I looked down at my shoes awkwardly.

Harry took my hand and we walked over to where Jordan and the chef had about a dozen cakes and pastries lined up on a cart. 

She pointed out each cake, giving a brief history

"What percent cocoa is in this chocolate?" Harry asked as he took a bite of the chocolate cake and then fed me some. 

"85%" Jordan read off her clipboard.

The portly chef next to her nodded.

Harry folded his arms over his chest.

"My cakes use 100% pure cocoa" he told them confidently.

I cleared my throat and looked over at Harry.

He noticed my disapproval, but wanted to continue to show off his knowledge and understanding of the baking game.

Jordan and the chef exchanged uneasy expressions. They weren't expecting Harry to be picky about food. Most of the grooms they've dealt with probably had no problem with the food. Their only priority was to have a lot of it.

"Do you whisk or fold in the chocolate?" Harry asked the chef.

The chef mumbled for a moment. 

"Whisk. Of course" he replied lsightly hesitantly.

Harry nodded slowly.

"Have a taste, bella" he urged in a strong Sicilian accent. If they couldn't win Harry over, they tried to win me.

I nodded and reached for a fork, but Harry took his fork and fed me instead.

Jordan squealed.

Harry and I turned to look at her.

"Oh, they're practicing for the wedding" she grinned in pure bliss and nudged the beer-bellied chef.

The chef patted his stomach carefully, Jordan ust have nudged him hard.

Harry grinned and slowly fed me another fork-ful.

Jordan looked about ready to pull out her camera and snap dozens of shots.

Then we tried the other cakes. Harry held his fork out to me for the last cake, but I shook my head "no." There was no way I could have another crumb. I was filled to the brim.

Harry shrugged his shoulders and finished the last sample.

I clenched my gut, afraid the chocolate drizzles, strawberry filling and vanilla beans might explode any minute now.

"Now if you'll come this way, I can show you both to the gardens and the courtyard" she grinned.

"How about tomorrow?" Harry spoke up when he noticed my discomfort at having to move from my seat.