ch.7 Want

“Harry?” I asked in surprise.

But he didn’t even look at me. He was too busy glaring at Liam with every ounce of contempt in his body.

He lunged at Liam and grabbed him by his collar.

Liam’s eyes widened and the fear re-took those brown pools that I had so carefully helped to gain confidence.

“N-nothing!” Liam stuttered.  

“Nothing??” Harry mimicked in a vicious hiss.

He yanked Liam up by slammed him against the wall.

“HARRY! Stop it!” I raised my voice.

I tugged at his arm, but he ignored me.

“You little prick, do you want me to kill you on your graduation day!?” Harry threatened in his low, menacing rasp.

Those harsh marbles glared into Liam’s quickly melting brown eyes.

“Harry! You’re hurting him!” I shouted and pulled at Harry’s arm with all my strength.

Harry budged the slightest bit.

He looked into my eyes and the raging animal within him calmed down, letting his mind take over for his eager fists.

“Liam was nervous for his speech” I explained slowly. “I was just trying to help him” I added in a quiet, but still annoyed voice.

Now I was both extremely pissed, but I also wanted to hug the life out of him for coming. He really did come.

But, for a second I wondered if he had been lying this whole time, just to get a reaction out of me. If that was the case, I would continue to be pissed until the next century.

Harry slowly and hesitantly loosened his grip on Liam’s collar.

Liam breathed a sigh of relief, but he watched Harry carefully, eyes wide and fearful.

“I have to… go” Liam mumbled and he walked past Harry cautiously.

Harry glared at him, almost restraining himself from attacking Liam again.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I asked Harry rhetorically and I started to walk past him to get downstairs. I didn’t even want to hear his answer.

First he refuses to come; now he just blows up on poor Liam?

Harry watched me start to leave, then he turned and took my wrist.

“Wait, Angie, I’m sorry” he apologized, but it was too late for that.

He took my wrist and turned me around to face him.

I tried to shake his hand off, but he tightened his grip and stood in front of me, blocking my path.

“Angela, I’m sorry. I thought-I thought he was trying to hurt you again” he tried to explain the violent actions of his maniac hands. His beautiful, but maniac hands.

I folded my arms over my chest.

“Harry, he didn’t mean it that time. He was drunk and he wasn’t himself” I tried to defend Liam.

But this only angered Harry.

“And what if he did? Angie, not everyone is good, not everyone has a heart of gold like you” he objected. And he took a step closer to me when he said “you.”

I scooted back.

“Harry, he’s my friend. You can’t keep treating him like a criminal” I retorted coldly.