ch.70 Forever, for never

Gabriella gripped Harry’s shirt and tugged him closer to her eager body. Harry moved back a bit at Gabriella’s suddenness because I was never so forceful with him. I was never that desperate.

He looked into her eyes carefully and then down at her hand. Then he gasped and moved back abruptly. His jaw hung open and the light, the gold that I saw in his eyes, melted in shame and confusion.

I stared at them. My fists clenched and I was prepared to throw a nice sucker punch right at her nose and make sure to break it so that Harry would see the clear difference between our looks.

But I stopped.

I didn’t do it because there was no point in trying to fight her and her masterplan, which she seems to have detailed for a very long time now.

Why should I have to wear a name tag to make sure my fiancé knew the difference between me and my demonic cousin?

I could spot Harry’s eyes from worlds away. I could tell his hands from any other man’s in a heartbeat. And I sure as hell could tell his body, his stupid lock, pen, canolli whatever the hell you wanted to call it. I knew what his chest felt like against mine, when we made our puzzle, but clearly; he didn’t know me.

“LOOKING FOR THIS?!” I shouted as I pulled his ring off and waved it in the air.

He stared at the sparkling rock as if his life depended on it. Then he pushed past Gabriella and ran to me.

“Angela, wait!” he called, but I shook my head.

I let an angry tear fall on the diamond and then clenched my fist. I took a deep breath and threw the ring smack at Harry’s chest, right at his heart. I wished it would burn through his stupid jacket that I was so damn obsessed with. I wished it would leave a burn mark over his heart so that he would forever remember how big of an idiot he was.

“ANGELA!” he shouted. He caught up with me and took my hand.

I jerked away from his grip, his hands, his once beautifully sturdy hands.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” I screamed.

“Baby, wait, PLEASE!” he begged and he took both my hands and pulled me to him.

I pushed at his chest and refused to look him in his blind eyes. Those forest-green marbles that once saw gold in me, that knew me and me only. But not anymore. Never. Never again.

I swallowed hard.

Even now, when I was beyond infuriated, I couldn’t lie and say I didn’t love him, because I did. I always will and I wished I could pull my heart out and give it to him so that I could stop thinking and caring so much about him.

“Angela, I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry” he pleaded.

He tried to tilt my chin up to meet his gaze but I refused to look. I shifted and twisted under his grip, but there was no where to run. I just stood there, scanning his blind, blind body for something to hurt him with, something emotional, verbal.

I looked down at his hands, which held my face and so desperately tried to make me believe and forgive him.

“You-you’re a monster!” I screamed and I stared at his hands and then up into his face.

His eyes widened in horror as I recited the very words Gemma had when she left him all alone. I looked closer at those hard marbles and saw them quivering, trembling with water as tears of terror and frustration boiled within him.

He opened his mouth to speak, to cry or scream. But he said nothing.

He just stood there and stared at me with the most hopeless and broken expression that made me want to take every single word back, take his ring back, grab his revolver and kill Gabriella point blank.