[37]

(2 months after Sehun disappeared)

Sehun's PoV...

I tried to keep my posture as I struggled to keep my balance on the board as it was going against the waves. I lifted my hands on my side to keep myself balanced as the feeling of euphoria fill my chest. I grinned and bended my knees more as the waves grew higher, wind slapping against me and the salty water glistering on my skin. I started to laugh as pure enjoyment took over me.

But that was short lived when my board shook and my body was thrown into the deep, cold sea water. I swam up to the surface, running a hand down my face to remove the droplets of water from my eyes. When I saw my board I quickly grabbed it and climbed on top of it, swimming back to shore.

This was all I've been doing since I left. A whole lot of recreational activities. I even took up a temporary part time job.

As I got nearer, I got off and lifted my board up, walking on the dry sand towards my house. I stopped and placed my board on the porch near the door. I went inside and stopped, looking around the familiar room I've been staying in since two months ago.

It was home. It was my home now. A house just beside the beach. This used to be my mother's before she left us. A gift from my dad for their 10th anniversary. But because of what happened between them, my dad tried to sell this house because he couldn't stand keeping anything that reminded him of her. Unbeknownst to him, I had had someone to buy this when he put it up for sale. I had a bank account mom had left so I secretly had it bought and named after me. I've been living here since I left. I knew they wouldn't find me here. They wouldn't think of looking for me at this place.

It's been two months. So long, yet, sometimes I wonder how things are back there, how things are with him. But when the thought comes to my head I quickly shake it away. I don't want to go back. I'm tempted but unless it's anything that is important I'm not going back.

I took a shower and changed into new sets of clothes before going down to cook lunch, something I got the hang of since I've been living alone. After making lunch, I went into the living room and opened the tv. No, I don't have cable since I didn't want to hear any news relating to my life back then. But there is a video, a recording to be precise, that I liked to watch when I didn't have anything else to do. I picked up the remote control and looked for the video through the USB I connected to it.

When I found it, my finger hesitated above the OK buton if I should play it or not. It's been weeks since I last watched it. I refrained from doing so because it only made me miss him more, only pained me more as it felt like I was, in a way, torturing myself. I sighed before finally pushing the button to play it. I sat back and munched on my food as the rowdy scene of people enjoying a performance flashed on the screen.

[["Okay let's see what our last song is. Who do you want to pick?" Baekhyun asked. "Luhan!" The crowd shouted.]]

I smiled at the way his brows shot up in surprise when they shouted his name. He smiled and walked towards a person holding a box. That smile of his, how I miss it so much. My little deer's smile.

[[The crowd cheered louder as his brother, Lay, started started playing the guitar.

All day staring at the ceiling
Making friends with shadows on my wall
All night hearing voices telling me
That I should get some sleep
Because tomorrow might be good for something]]

I continued to watch the video as Luhan got to sang until the second chorus of the song where he started looking around the audience and stopped to look this way. My heart stopped as I felt like his eyes were piercing mine but sighed as I remembered this was only a recording. His brows furrowed in the video, obviously confused to see why Kai was recording their performance or why he is even there.