“I’m going to take a shower” I told her and headed to the bathroom.

She nodded and left.

After my shower, I went downstairs and covered my nose almost immediately. She’s poisoning me. My God, she is insane!

I scanned the dining room quickly and saw everyone was already up. Danny pinched his nose as he tried to chew some kind of brown goop that must have been the source of the smell. Gabriella grinned at me from my seat at the table.

“Sit, sit!” Aunt Lisa shrieked as she saw me standing hesitantly.

Leo stood up and gave me his seat. He took another seat, one closer to Danny. Danny glared at him, clearly still ticked that he had been casually flirting with Gemma.

I sat down and she half shoved a plate of the same brown goo in front of me.

“I, um I’m not very hungry” I tried to excuse myself.

Aunt Lisa stared at me in horror.

“Not hungry? Che è impossibile” she gasped. The worst thing I could do- besides live with Harry before we were married- was to not eat.

Danny nudged me under the table.

Aunt Lisa started spoon feeding me.

“Ok, ok” I mumbled and took the spoon myself.

I gurgled down whatever kind of goat’s tongue or cow’s liver that she had made and managed a semi-decent smile at the end.

She smiled warmly and glared at Gabriella, who turned her attention to me.

“So, cugino, what will do to your pretty hair for the wedding?” she asked kindly. I fought the urge to kick her under the table.

“Yes, Angela, why don’t you and Gabby go to the salon or something” Danny offered.

I shook my head quickly.

He glared at me. I cursed under my breath and nodded.

“Perfetto” Aunt Lisa clapped.

“So, how is your friend?” Leo asked Danny.

“What friend?” Danny asked tersely. He could sense that Leo wasn’t talking about Zayn or Niall.

“The signorina with the beautiful sea-green eyes” he whispered as if in a trance.

Danny slammed his fist down.

I kicked him under the table, retuning the favor.

He glared at me.

I smiled.

“Yes, Danielo, why don’t you and Leo hang out with Gemma?” I raised a brow.

Danny held his breath.

“Si, si” Leo grinned eagerly. “I would make the love to see her again” he nodded slowly.

I tried to suppress a laugh. Oh, Leo would love to make love to Gemma.

Danny jolted up.

“What’s wrong, Danny? Don’t you want your cugino to have fun here in America?” I grinned.

“I am glad you think so, Angela” Gabriella interrupted.

I glared at her.

***

I grumbled under my breath as Gabriella came with me to the beauty salon.

“Angela, I’m glad you’re not fighting me on this cause I could make shit much, much worse for you” Gabriella grinned once we were out of ear shot.