20

Quick AN: if you're like from the US, just imagine you live in japan or in some other place aside from america 😁😀😊

-----

»Your POV«

That next day, Kanato was grinning the moment he saw me come down. He seemed pretty excited.

"Guess what?" He went beside me as I went to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast.

"Mm?"

"I have a handful of memories now, they all came back to me last night." He smiled.

"Seriously?" I stared at him, unbelievable! All in one night? "What's your last name then?"

"I said memories, not information." He told me. "I actually have three more brothers aside from the two I mentioned to you."

"Wow."

"And that they're all douches, aside from me of course-"

"You were a douche back then." I chuckled.

"No I wasn't." He stuck his tongue out. "And lastly, as weird and scary as this is, I am actually a-"

"Y/N! Come here for a sec." Charlie called. It sounds like it's from the living room.

"Wait first, let's just go to Charlie." I took a bite from the bread I had in my hand. Going to the living room, I found Charlie with a couple envelopes, which were scattered on the coffee table.

My heart pounded with excitement and happiness. No doubt those were letters from Dad!

"Wanna see yours?" Charlie threw me a envelope with my name printed on the top. I caught it with ease even with just one free hand.

"Thank you Charlie!" I beamed, taking another bite from my bread. "I'll be up if you need me."

I quickly dashed to my room, Kanato was trailing behind me. As I started to tear the envelope off, he questioned me. "Who's that from?"

"My lovely father." I replied.

"Why would he send you a letter? Like, where's that from?"

"America." I responded while taking out my letter.

"Why is he there?"

"To work, duh? Now shush for awhile." I told him before reading the letter.

My father told me how much he missed me at first, asking me how life was, how was school, and more of those things. Although, the next part caught my eye.

"I have very exciting news to give you Y/N. Although things are not final yet, I might be able to send you..." I mumbled before reading with wide eyes. "An airplane ticket to America?!"

I was ecstatic. I threw the letter and started to jump around with joy. "Oh my god, I'm going to America!"

"Not so fast, it said here things are not final yet." Kanato chided.

"I don't care, I'm still going to my favorite country!" I shouted, prolonging the 'y' in the end.

At my peripheral vision, I could see Kanato frown. "So you're going to like, leave me in the dust?"

That made me stop jumping. I sense someone becoming sad. "Pfft, Kanato I won't leave you, you know. I can't just leave someone with your case just like that. I bet by the time Dad even gives the ticket, you're long gone already."

"But..." He looked down, trying not to meet my eyes. "Promise me you wouldn't leave me until I get back home."

I felt my heart thud. 'Why was it thudding?!' "Of course Kanato, I wouldn't." I promised.

He smiled. "Good."

-----

Thud thud thud

It's thudding bc you like him reader-chan, you like him a damn lot 😘😏

-KT