Monday Blody Monday

Mia
We all stand around gaping and gawking at each other. Our group verses theirs.

"Hey Caaandy." The tall tan boy in front says curling his lips deviously. The words drip off his lips like poison as he stares at her.

All four of us draw our attention to Candy for answers.

"Do I know you?" She asks a little stunned.

"Yes. I wouldn't say were best friends but, more like vague acquaintances. You don't remember me do you?"

The group of boys gets closer to us.

"No I'm afraid I don't." We're all silent listening to the strange conversation.

"It's Jared. From gymnastics."

Her face glows as she begins to recall the boy.

"You've gotten so. . .tall! And you grew your hair out. . .a lot!" She smiles at him referring to his curly hair that somewhat resemble the British-Lebanese singer Mika.

"Yeah. Hey I'll see you tomorrow." He calls walking away.

"Yeah you too."

"Well that was awkward." I say after they've all left.

"We did gymnastics together down at the youth center in third grade. Jared's three years ahead of us. He's quiet. " Candy fills us in with some background info.

"Okay then. Hey are you coming home with me still?" I ask her.

"Um no I'll meet you there." She says turning down the back hallway.

"But I'm your ride!"

"I'll catch a bus." She disappears the wrong way.