Sleepover!

Mia
The room is spinning-no, I'm spinning-no I'm falling. Hands grasp around my waist quite firmly.

"Huh?" I strangely grab a chunk of what I believe to be Kent's face.

"Mia if you don't sober up soon your parents are going to know your drunk." He smiles looking around speaking to me through gritted teeth.

I look up at him confused. "What drunk? Phhh. What are you talking about. I'm not drrr." My words slur uncontrollably.

"Yes you are. Remember, I gave you and my sister some peppermint shnops so you wouldn't tell my parents I'm flunking medical school.

"Oh yeah. I'm not gonna remember that. Kent I think I need to lay down. Can I stay the night with Candy tonight?" I ask giggling as I droop down in his arms.

"I think that would be a fantastic idea. I'll go tell your parents and have a semi-sober Candy put you to bed."

Next thing I know Candy catches me in a half drunken fall.

"Howw come your not druunk?" I ask stupidly almost tripping on the fourth stair.

"Oh come on Mia your parents never let you drink champagne before? Obviously not. Don't worry I got you."

************

The morning is. . .bright. Her face is the first I see. She holds a glass of orange juice in her hand.

"My eyeballs feel like there going to pop out of my head." I rub them with my palms.

"Drink you'll feel better. You hacked most of it up last night." She tells me.

I take the glass and drink. My body feels limp. She closes the curtains but some light seeps through turning her hair an orangy color just a shade too bright for me.

"Will you take me home Cand?" I ask a little helplessly.

"Yeah I'll just have Kent follow behind and give me a ride back."

I get home and sleep for most of the day. Later I wash my face and throw up a little. All of my sisters are jumping around being obnoxious, and the barrier of my door doesn't seem to be working. Can't wait for Monday.