Manilla Envelopes Lead to Shootouts

Candy
"Were going to meet them there, so well have to leave now gorgeous. "

We go outside and this time theres a yellow, two-­thousand one, diablo Lamborghini sitting in the driveway.

"Theres just one more thing ragazzina." He says pulling a maroon tube of lipstick from his white tux."Look at me."

I close my eyes and he spreads the cosmetic across my lips.

"Okay let's go." He says and we leave.

We find Mike and Mia at a table towards the back. Jared offered to
get me a drink at the bar but after last night I was most definitely going to be counting my drinks.

Mia drags me to the dance floor and then back to the table so she can get roaring drunk. I have a lemonade martini, but thats all I have. Mia hangs on to Mike barely able to make out her words. I hated Mia for getting drunk on me. I mean I know I did last
night, but Jared had just killed a man for gosh sakes! And besides I really needed to get this whole necklace thing out of my head. Kind of morbid. It's like he was leaving me something to remember him bye when he killed me.

After about two hours six men wearing black tuxedos and sunglasses take a seat in a large circular booth across the room. He leans over to Mike.

"Okay, I'm going in. Do you have the ear piece?" Mike nods.

"If they don't hold up there part of the deal we make the first move. The button on the jacket should trigger a ring in everyone else's earpiece.That's the signal." Jared stands up straightening his bow tie. He holds out a hand for me. I get up taking his hand.

He wraps an arm around my waist and we slide into the booth across the room. He looks around then pulls a manilla envelope out of the breast of his jacket, then sliding the envelope over the table to the man on the left. The man opens the envelope examining photos.

"As you can see the deed has been done." The man lights a cigarette and then looks up at Jared. He swings the envelope around. The club is wild around, but in this little booth they seemed to completely ignore it. A woman throw off her top and then hold up her bra putting everything out there.

"Oh my gosh." I jump at the sight of breast other than my own quickly turning my head and cupping my hand over my face.

"What the hell is this?" He ask taking off the sunglasses.

"It's what you asked for, . . . proof." Jared says tightening his grip on me.

"This doesn't prove to me Joe Gavonoochi is dead. Jared it's two
thousand fifteen. Theres photoshop and all kinds of shit out there." The man was extremely
unhappy.

"Well sorry but I'm a little old fashioned." He looks over his shoulder.

"Look, I held up my end of the deal, now you hold up yours. I'm low on cash, I want the money. NOW!" Jared slams his hand on the table furious. "Cazzo! All you fucking Remontti's are the same. Your father was a pathetic cheater too."

Jared pushes me under the table and men start shooting from different places all over the club. How did I not recognize so many men in white and black suits? Stupid mafia. I hate the mob! I hate Jared! My feelings about this whole damn thing are conflicted. Sometimes he makes me forget, he's shown me there is a life other than under the thumb of my parents. He has shown me mansions and clubs and people who live a completely different lifestyle. But he didn't treat us very well. We basically just another slut he was toying with. We seem to have grown on him now, which scares me because of his neurotic mood swings. And why the hell did he take me? We haven't seen each other since at least the fith grade. I know he said he needed dates but theres something more here and it's not because he's finishing up his Cinderella story.