Caramella

Candy
I'm left again with Jared. The moonlight shone down on his face. . .and the fish pond below him. I started to fiddle with the necklace, realizing I hadn't taken it off. He takes my waist with one hand and my face with the other surprisingly gentle. He pulls my mask up above my eyes. His long dark eyelashes brush up against his mask. I close my eyes.

"Caramella, theres something very important I want to tell you. We have to get out of here." He runs his thumb over my full red stained lips.

"But we just got here. Wasn't this the whole point?" My eyes flutter open.

"Close your eyes. Keep completley still. Not a word. Do you understand?" I nod and do as he says.

He puts his forehead to mine. Then he moves his lips to my ear, ever so slowly.

"I love you." He whispers and tortorously slow moves his lips over mine. I push my hands through his hair, struggling to reach his towering height. I lift his mask up and return the kiss.

"Ahh.Mr.Remontti." A voice echos in the darkness. Before coming up for air he whispers something to me.

"Keep your mask on."He pulls my mask back down. I rejust it realizing I'm blushing.

"I hope I'm not interupting anything." A tall man in his fourties with dark skin and brown caramel hair stands in the garden. The man had a silver cane with him, but the frightening thing about the man was not the terrifying feel he put off but the ginormous scar down the side of his face.

I step back to get off the bridge but Jared pulls me back.

"Kind of." He says in a smartelic tone smirking.

This man was so frightening he sent chills up my whole body.

"I'm truly sorry, but I believe we have some business to discuss." He raises his eyebrows.

"You are correct." Jared grips my waist and leads me off the bridge glaring at scar face.

"My apologies." We're face to face with scar face now. Two other men have joined him.

"Mr.Caspenada. . ., before I bring the 'item' out. . .I must be notified of your intention and motives." Caspenada lifts his mask revealing more of the gruesome scar trailing down his face.

I turn to gasp for air but Jareds swings me back.

He gives a deep maniacal chuckle. "And what does that matter to you?" He grins.

"You know why you want her Caspenada. This girl was only fourteen when the incident happened. She owes you nothing." He laughs again.

"If I didn't know any better Jared" He takes a second to mischievously grin. " ,I'd say you've grown an attraction to this girl."

Jared showed his giant wolf teeth to the moon. His smile was so wide I thought the corners of his mouth might break and start to bleed. "You amuse me Caspenada." Jared bites his lip then squints his eyes.

"Now lets get down to buisness." Caspenada takes a step forward.

"Let's."

I was shaking in my shoes. I had never been in thia type of situation before. I knew Jared was here to protect me but somehow that was not enough. Right now he felt more like the enemy than the friend.

I bent my ankle sliding down Jared into the grass.

"Shit!" My heel was broken. Jared looked down at me with wide eyes. My cheeks turned red as a tomato. Every one was staring at my clumsiness.

Caspenada chuckles again and Jared grabs my forearms pulling me up. He gives me a glare that would teriffy the big bad wolf. I kick the broken shoe off under my dress.

"I hope you don't plan on fucking with this one for long. She has the grace of a giraffe." Caspenada glares at me.

Jared laughs too. "I was planning on a quick fuck then trafficking the little cagna in Ramano's ring." He shines his pearly white teeth at me shifting his body. "She knows her place.

Wow! Stunning. Yeah Jared, I love you too! Okay. . .don't loose your head Candy. I don't know who this is or whats going on. It's probably an act. My thoughts were the only thing keeping my head out of the clouds.

"Enough. Get rid of this slut and bring me Caramella." Jared grabs my neck and starts pushing, almost dragging me forward.My shoe is left behind.

"Wait. . ."Caspenada stops him. "Just kill her. It will make this quicker." He stops and turns me.

"As I've said before, other arrangements have been made for the girl. Ramano's looking forward to this one."

Caspenada purses his lips. "Right. Before you go. . .is Mike still with you?"

That's it, I'm lost.

"Yes. His mind is made up. He's decided his loyalty lies with my family."

Caspenada shakes his head. "Just remember, he's already broken omertà once." And with that we leave.
He's shoving me by the neck. No one notices. They just keep twirling in dance like robots. I was too shell shocked to scream or do anything but let Jared shove me into a bedroom off a side of twisting stairs. I'm thrown onto a bed.

"Caramella I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I love you baby. I dont know what he wants. . .or or what Im gonna do! I don't want to do this any more. I just saw you and everything came back."

My head is spinning. "Did you just call me Caramella?" He realizes I understand part of the disgusion now.

No! No! This man could not possibly love me! I have no idea why these men want me but I don't care.Wait. . .yes I do, but Jared sold me out. Even if he has grown affection to me in the past nine days it didn't matter. A man who loved me would not put me in this much danger.

I was overcome with anger and he could see it on my face.

"Caramella. . .I do love you." He looks out the window down at the men. "And I'm going to prove it to you.Let's go." He pulls out the keys and yanks me up in one swift movement. He darts at lightening speed towards the car.

Maybe I should call him cheetah he was so fucking fast. Damn! This man had some legs. He throws me into the tiny car and we take off. I hold on afraid if I didn't the speed would throw me back.