Meeting The Band

*Katrina*

"Hey?" I feel a hand shaking my shoulder, and I look up. Jacky is standing on the steps, looking at me with a rather concerned expression. "Are you okay?" He asks. "You were just kind of standing there, staring at the side of the bus."

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine," I say. He doesn't look too convinced, so I give him a small smile. "I was just thinking, is all. What if they don't like me?"

"Why wouldn't they like you?" Jacky laughed, feeling more at ease. "I like you already, and I don't even know you."

"What? You don't think I'm weird?" I ask, surprised.

"Nope, not a bit," Jacky answers, smiling. "The way you carry yourself - you look so confident, like you could do anything. But you don't give off the 'snobby confident' vibe. It's more like, 'I'm confident, so you should be, too' kind of thing. Like you'd do anything to help someone boost their self-esteem."

"Are you serious?" I ponder.

"Dead-ass," He replies. "You seem so kind, yet there's something about you that seems hardened. Like you're a good person, but you've always got your guard up or something. You have a mysterious air, and you seem so full of life and energy. I'm going to enjoy getting to know you."

"Getting to know me?" I'm surprised. "What do you mean, getting to know me?"

"Well, I can't exactly call a stranger my friend, can I?" He laughs.

"Well, you're implying that I'm your friend right now, though, aren't you?" I ask.

"True," He says. "But still, I want to get to know you, so we can be best friends."

"Why would you want to be my friend? I'm weird, and I don't have any friends," I blurt. Dammit, Katrina, why can't you keep your mouth shut?!

"I highly doubt that," He responds. "But if it's true, you're about to make six new ones."

"Who?" I ask, though I already know that answer to that.

"Well," He says. "There's me, Ron, Derek, Max, Ryan, and Ronnie." He ticks them off on his fingers.

"Wow..." I breathe. Could this really be happening? Was I about to befriend Falling In Reverse?

All of a sudden, I hear a voice shout from inside the house. "Who are you talking to, Jacky?" It shouts. "Don't be going crazy on us, now!"

"I'm already crazy, Derek!" Jacky yells back.

"Crazier, I meant!" The voice - Derek - shouts back.

"Come on," Jacky whines. "They think I'm crazier now." He grabs my hand and tugs on it, wanting to lead me inside.

"So what?" I laugh. "I'm probably the craziest bitch here!"

"Woah, language!" Jacky laughs.

"English," I sneer, and giggle. "And I'll only go inside after you make a deal with me."

"What is it?" He asks.

"When they don't like me, I get to yell 'I told you so' in your face," I respond.

"That won't be necessary, but deal," He says, shaking my hand. Then he starts to pull me up the steps.

Of course, though, I trip on the last one and fall to the bus floor with a rather loud thud. Jacky starts laughing, and I reach out a hand and smack him in the leg. That only makes him laugh harder, and I huff playfully.

"Jacky, you're an ass," I complain, and rest my cheek on my hand.

"No, but you're a klutz!" He giggles. "Should I call you Klutz-trina?"

"Fuck you," I laugh, and hear footsteps coming into the living room of the bus.

I look up and see Derek Jones, rhythm guitarist for the band. "What the fuck- did you fall?" He asks, looking at me.

"No," I reply smoothly. "The floor looked lonely, so I gave it a hug."

"What was the thud, then?" He asks. I pull Jacky's left leg forward, sending him crashing to the floor.

"That was Jacky falling," I say.

"That hurt!" Jacky moans. "You suck!"

"You swallow," I retort. Jacky laughs, and so do I.

"So, um, who are you again?" Derek asks. I hear more footsteps coming into the living room, and I see Max Green, bass guitarist, and Ryan Seamen, drummer.

"What the fuck?" Max asks. "What's all the thumping and thudding?"

"Seriously," Ryan agrees. "We're trying to play Rock Band, and the bus keeps shaking."

"That was Jacky falling," I tell them both. I use my hand to brush a few stray hairs from my face, and then rest my cheek back on my hand.

"Who are you?" Max asks.

"And why are you on the floor?" Ryan chimes in.

"My name is Katrina, and-"

"She's my new best friend!" Jacky interrupts, laying on my back.

"Why are you on the floor?" Ryan repeats.

"It looked lonely, so I gave it a hug," I say.

"What are we talking about?" Someone asks, and I see Ron Ficarro, rhythm guitarist also, come into the room.

"Jacky's apparent 'new best friend' I guess," Max laughs. Ron looks at me.

"What's your name?" He asks, a curious look on his face.

"My name is Katrina," I repeat for the third time.

"I'm Ron," He says, squatting down and extending his hand towards me.

I shake it and joke, "At least somebody's polite around here. All you strangers not even introducing yourselves."

"Like you don't know," Ryan laughs.

"True," I giggle, "But still - polite is polite."

"Well I'm Ryan Seamen," Ryan says in an over exaggerated retard voice. We all laugh our asses off as he continues. "This is Max Green, and this is Jacky Vincent, and this is Derek Jones, and this is Ron Ficarro." He points at each one and totally overdoes it as he introduces them.

"What about me?" I hear a familiar voice ask. The voice of my hero that kept me sane. The voice of my idol that kept me strong. The voice of the man who had given me hope, a reason to fight, a reason to live, when I had none.

I look up, and see Ronnie Joseph Radke.

A/N
I hope you're liking it thus far! I'm going to try to update as many times as I can in a day, so don't be surprised if there's like ten updates in one day ^~^

As I said, comment if you want anything! Ideas, ships, OCs of yours you want in the story, bands you'd like to see (though I'm already planning on a few bands making an appearance and being part of the story).

As always, thank you for reading! :)