We All Suck At Chaperoning

Juliet

I was in my room getting ready for my date with Christian when there was a knock on my door. I got up from my makeup table and went to the door. When I opened it Embry was standing on the other side. I stepped aside and let him in. I went back to the makeup table and he sat down on my bed after fixing the sheet and blanket. I laughed rolling my eyes.

"You just had to fix that huh?' I asked without looking at him.

"You never make it and it drives me nuts," he said with a sassy tone. "Cameron never makes his bed either. I always have to fix it."

"I always knew you were his bitch," I said as I looked at him in the mirror.

"Ha ha, ha," Embry fake laughed.

"Come on Em, you know it's true. He dominates you and you love every minute."

He sighed. "Yeah I guess you're right. I do love it when he gets aggressive, especially in the bedroom."

"Yep that's pretty obvious. It's not like you hide it or anything," I said as I turned to look at him.

When I looked at him he looked sad. I knew he missed Cameron and they hadn't gotten to see each other as much as they had wanted to or planned to when Cameron went off to college. But there was something else, another reason for his sadness. Embry was a very moody person and tended to take everything to heart. He was such a girl!

"Em, what's wrong?" I asked as I sat beside him on the bed.

"Nothing I just suck as a big brother," he confessed.

"Well you are a really awesome little brother. Why do you say you're a bad big brother?"

He sighed again. "I failed epically at chaperoning Hailey the other night," he said.

I laughed so hard tears formed in my eyes. He just stared at me. He didn't see what was so funny about that statement.

"Trust me you're not the only one," I told him. "Come on I could never remember Hailey's boyfriend's name. Cameron got caught with his hand down your pants by dad when Romeo left you alone. It can't be that bad."

"At the party I wasn't supposed to let her out of my sight. I was doing really well when they first got there. She beat Savannah in that drinking game by the way," he paused.

"Wow, I was so surprised when Savannah beat Cameron, but that is even more surprising," I said.

"I was so proud of Cameron when he took that from you," Embry beamed with pride.

"I know but his mad sucking skills were always all over your neck. So everyone expected him to win," Juliet laughed.

"Anyway, a little while after that I lost her. I was talking to Jessie and when I turned around Hailey was gone. I searched everywhere for her. I even found Grant sucking Ryan's dick."

"Wait what?" I interrupted.

"You heard me. He admitted to me later that he has been bi-curious for a while and I warned him to watch that after what happened to Romeo. Trust me I was shocked," Embry said. "Anyway, I finally found her outside with Austin. He had her pinned up against the wall and they were...well you get the picture. I freaked out and pulled him off her and hit him. We fought and I got a bloody nose and he got a black eye. I also acquired the hate of my sister."

My phone buzzed on the nightstand and Embry and I both glanced at it. He grabbed it and handed it to me.

Christian: my parents and sister just left... are you coming?

Juliet: not yet

Christian: but you will be

Juliet: in a few minutes

Christian: k

Embry was smiling at our texts for some reason. "Embry! Get your mind out of the gutter."

"Listen I gotta go. Just give Hailey some time she'll forgive you. She's as dramatic as you are sometimes. I love you even if she doesn't right now," I hugged him.

"I love you too," Embry said.

Three hours later I was lying beside Christian in his bed. I rolled on my side and looked at him. He turned his head and smiled at me. He pulled me closer and I laid my head on his chest. I intertwined my legs with his and we just laid there neither one of us saying a word.

I think we were both still in shock over the revelation that until a few minutes ago I was still a virgin. I had always thought something more had happened at the party three years ago. I had always felt bad I wasn't able to give the man I loved my virginity because I thought I had given it to a stranger. Then as it turned out I hadn't slept with that guy at the party. I was so happy it was Christian who took my virginity.

"I love you," Christian said as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you too," I said back.

WѸ^