To Fender's Surprise

Audrey

I waited outside the tour bus in the mist of all the hollering girls hoping to catch a glimpse of Fender. I missed him and I needed him back. He made a good attempt to keep me sane. Without him nothing made sense in my life. Before he came into my life it had been a series of unfortunate events. I love him and I had never loved anyone before.

I saw him coming off the tour bus and I yelled his name. I could tell by the way he looked around he wasn't used to people calling his name. He was surprised. Our eyes met and he just stopped and stared. Embry wasn't paying attention because he was talking to the other little gay boy and he ran right into Fender.

"Fender are you okay?" I heard Embry ask as I made my way to the front of the barricade.

"Fender we need to talk," I said.

"Rick it's okay let her out," Fender said.

Rick let me through and some of the other fangirls seemed mad at me. I was important and they weren't. I looked back as I walked away with Fender and the band and stuck my tongue out at them. During the concert Fender made me wait backstage. I knew everyone was wondering why I was here. Since Fender had told me he didn't want to see me anymore I had dreamt of this day. He needed to take me back. He was after all the one who had pursued me.

"Come with me Audrey," Fender said.

"Okay," I followed him with a big grin on my face. He was at least going to talk to me and that made me happy.

We went into a room and he closed the door behind us. I hugged him but he didn't hug me back. I let go and stepped back to look at him. I was fooling myself into thinking he would be glad to see me.

"What are you doing here?" Fender asked.

"I needed to see you," I said.

He leaned up against the counter below the wall of mirrors and sighed. I could see my reflection in the mirror as I looked at him. Did he notice I had gained a little weight since last time he saw me? Did he even care? That was the best question.

"Audrey look, you didn't understand I have other obligations and can't just drop them for you," he explained.

"I get that. I really do, but I should be important too," I whined a little.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I wanted to make you important too Audrey. You were the one who chose to leave not me."

"But I still love you and you said you love me," I stepped closer to him.

"I do love you Audrey. More than I am willing to admit to anyone, including myself," Fender said as he touched my cheek and wiped away a tear.

"Fender I have something else to tell you," I started. "I'm pregnant."

"And its mine?" he asked.

"I haven't been with anyone else but you since Christmas," I confessed.

"How far along are you?" he asked.

"About five months," I said quietly.

"Five months? Didn't you know when we broke up then?" he was full of questions.

"I found out after we broke up. I tried to call you but you didn't return my calls," I told him.

"I'm sorry Audrey," Fender said as he finally hugged me.

I sniffed him. He smelled so good, like a French vanilla candle. I had often burned French vanilla candles after we broke up just to smell his scent. Smelling him in person was so much better though. He led me to the small couch in the room and we sat down.

"I've missed you," Fender said.

My heart started beating faster and I put my hand on my chest to hold it in so it wouldn't jump out. He had missed me like I had missed him. He grabbed a hold of my hand and we locked eyes. It felt so good to have his brown eyes look at me again.

"So is it a boy or a girl?" Fender asked.

"A boy," I said. I took the ultrasound picture from my purse and handed it to him.

He stared at it. "So this is really happening? When is he due?"

"November 13th," I replied.

"That's Charlotte's due date," he said.

"Who's Charlotte?" I asked confused. Had he gotten someone else pregnant? Was he cheating on me? I wanted to cry.

"Riot's fiancée."

"Riot's fiancée?" I asked. "When did that happen?"

"A few months ago," Fender replied.

"Are we back together now?" I asked.

"Yes, Audrey. My life is too boring without you in it," he pulled me close.

I laid my head on his chest and sighed. "Does this mean I don't have to light candles to smell you anymore?"

He laughed. "And there she is. I was wondering where this serious Audrey was coming from."

"How much longer of this tour do you have?" I asked.

"Three more weeks," he said. "You could always stay with me."

"I have school and practice," I said.

"Now who has a life they need to live without me?" he laughed.

I smiled. He was right. How would we work a long distance relationship and a baby? New York and Los Angeles were really far away. We had to have money so his life was more important, but I wasn't ready to give up playing the tiny chin guitar for him.

"You could always give private lessons in LA," Fender said as if he could read my mind. "That way you don't have to give it up. I remember my Aunt Raelyn doing it when I was little."

"Okay, so it's settled. I'm moving to LA," I said.