Fanboying Over Bentley's Dad

Romeo

We arrived at Bentley's dad's house around five pm on Sunday evening. We got off the Ducati and a little girl about four came running out side followed by a woman I assumed was Bentley's step mom. I put my left hand in my back pocket trying to hide the ring on my finger from her. It had only been a day and it felt weird to me. I didn't know if Bentley was going to tell them right away or not.

Bentley picked up the little girl and swung her around. She literally looked like a mini little girl version of him. You could tell they were related. I watched her hug him putting her tiny arms around his neck. I knew they hadn't seen each other since Thanksgiving. He had wanted me to come with him then, but I was still on probation then and my probation officer said no.

"Bentley Dominic McBride, what is this?" his stepmom asked grabbing his hand as he put down his sister.

"What does it look like?" Bentley asked.

"A wedding ring," she guessed.

"Well you see we kind of stopped in Vegas and..."

"OH MY GOD!" she interrupted him.

"Meredith this is my husband Romeo," Bentley introduced us.

That sounded so weird coming from his mouth. Being someone's husband was going to take some getting used to. I wondered what my parents were going to think. My dad would be pissed and my mom would probably cry knowing them like I did. It was something they should expect from me though. I was always impulsive and did stupid things without thinking about them. Not that marrying Bentley was stupid, it just may have not been the best time to do it.

"Well hello Romeo. It's nice to finally meet you. Bentley talked a lot about you at Thanksgiving," Meredith said as she hugged me.

"Nice to meet you too," I said as she pulled apart from the hug.

"And this is my little sister Cressida," Bentley said.

She smiled shyly at me and came up to stand in front of me. "So does that make you my brother then?"

"Yeah I guess it does," I answered her.

"So let's go inside your dad's got dinner ready," Meredith said.

We all followed her inside and into the kitchen. There was a bald man standing at the stove taking something from the oven. When he turned around to set it on the counter my jaw dropped. I knew who he was right away. I had never put two and two together when I found out Bentley's last name was McBride. What were the chance his dad was the race car driver Dominic McBride? I was trying hard not to completely fanboy over him.

"Dude your dad is Dominic McBride!" I said louder than I intended to.

His dad just laughed and I felt my cheeks blush. I was so embarrassed. I wanted to take it back but it was too late. Embry and I were big fans. We never missed a race where he was racing.

"So I take it you're a fan," Dominic asked as we sat down to eat dinner.

"Yeah, me and my brother watch racing all the time," I said.

"The one in the band?" he asked.

Well Bentley had been talking about me and my whole family at Thanksgiving. It made me feel good to know he was telling his family about me. They really seemed interested too.

"Yes, can we take a picture together after dinner? He'll never believe me otherwise," I asked.

"Yeah sure," Dominic agreed.

"I wanna be in the picture too," Cressida said.

"Of course, I would like that," I agreed and she beamed at me.

We talked all through dinner as we ate. I found out that Meredith and Bentley's mom actually got along very well. There seemed to be no bad blood between any of them. We talked about getting up early in the morning and driving to Galveston to get on the cruise ship. After dinner was over and Bentley and I had done the dishes we went into the living room. I took a selfie with his dad and Cressida then sent it to Embry.

Look who Bentley's dad is. I typed under the picture.

Seriously his dad is Dominic McBride? My phone buzzed a few seconds later.

Yeah jealous?

Fuck yeah! Embry sent back.

As we sat on the couch watching a little T.V. Dominic kept staring at our hands. Bentley was sitting beside me and he was holding my left hand. His fingers kept rubbing the ring on my ring finger. I waited for Dominic to say something but he just stared at our hands.

"Is there something you're not telling me son?" he finally asked.

"What do you mean?" Bentley asked.

He could be so dense sometimes. I knew exactly what his dad was referring to. I motioned to the ring with my eyes and Bentley looked down at it. Realization of what his dad meant came across his face. I just smirked and shook my head.

"Well we stopped in Vegas," Bentley said.

"Don't you think you guys are a little young to get married?" Dominic asked.

"Meredith was only nineteen when you married her," Bentley sassed. "And you've been married eleven years now."

"Dominic leave them alone. They're young and in love," Meredith defended.

"Okay fine. I'll shut up. I love you and I can see how happy you are," Dominic said.

As we watched a little more T.V. in silence Cressida crawled up in my lap. She snuggled into my chest and within minutes was asleep in my arms. Bentley looked over and smiled. He was so handsome when he smiled like that. His whole face lit up and his eyes sparkled.

"I'll take her to bed," Meredith said coming to get her from my lap.

"I'll carry her just show me where to go," I said as I got up and followed Meredith up the stairs.

iZXRs!