A Christmas to Remember

Riot

"So are you really taking your crazy girlfriend home to meet your parents?" Nick asked as we were packing up to leave for Christmas break.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Just saying she's a little weird dude," Nick said.

"I think she's funny and I like her a lot," I said.

On the plane home I thought about my conversation with Nick as Audrey snored beside me. It reminded me of my dad and how Ryssa and I used to laugh at him when we were little. People were staring and I was getting kind of embarrassed. I nudged her in the side with my elbow and she jumped out of her seat.

She screamed and looked at me with wide eyes. "Are the pigs ready to have their babies?"

I started laughing uncontrollably. She had no filter in the things she said and never thought before she said anything. If she thought it, it came from her mouth. I was kind of nervous about introducing her to my family. This was definitely going to be a Christmas to remember.

When we got off the plane the flight attendant was eying us. She was probably glad to not have to worry about what Audrey was going to do anymore. As we stepped into the airport, Audrey jumped on my back and yelled, "Piggyback!"

I stumbled forward and almost dropped her. I put my hands under her legs as she put her arms around my neck. We got some pretty strange looks as we waked through the airport. Dating Audrey though I was used to the strange looks by now. It had been the most interesting five months of my life.

I spotted my dad in the waiting area and Audrey hopped down off my back. He came over and gave me a big hug. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too dad," I said as we pulled away from the hug.

"Dad this is Audrey. Audrey this is my dad Riker," I introduced them.

"Wow you look so much alike!" Audrey said. "You both have that cute little nose."

She just stood there and looked back and forth at us with a huge smile on her face, like she was examining our features. I could tell my dad didn't know what to say to her or about her.

"Your hair is so fetch! Can you flip it for me?" Audrey asked my dad as we went to the baggage claim.

He flipped his hair and she squealed and clapped her hands, "Again!"

"Maybe later," my dad said.

We got our bags and headed to Grams and Grandad's house where everyone else was. From the way my dad reacted to Audrey I was afraid of what everyone else would think. I knew Uncle Ellington would love her, but the rest of my family might not. I knew I was probably going to regret bringing her, but when she had said she was going to spend Christmas alone at school I couldn't let her do that.

When we got to Grams and Grandad's house my mom rushed out and hugged me a little too tight. I couldn't breathe but I loved my mom's hugs the best. I guess you could say I was definitely a momma's boy, just like my sister Ryssa was a daddy's girl.

"Mom this is Audrey. Audrey this is my mom Raelyn," I introduced them.

"Wow she is really pretty," Audrey gushed.

"Thank you," my mom said.

My mom linked arms with me and we walked into the house. Everyone was in the living room. I introduced my whole family to Audrey. She just stared like she was trying to remember everyone's name.

"I had a dog named Fender. He had really shaggy hair like you, but he died," Audrey said randomly.

Everyone just stared at her like she was crazy.

4Ever & a Day : The Next Generation of R5जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें