8.

*Cara's POV*

I really don't want to go back inside. I don't want to face them after embarrassing myself so bad. I really enjoyed this time with Michael up here on the roof. His silence is comforting. I don't know why, and even though I've sworn off men, there's something about Michael. Something different. I feel safe around him. Which is weird, because I was in his arms when I drempt about that night. But I have to go apologize. It's the right thing to do.

When I get inside, I glance at my open suitcase from changing into pajamas earlier and I spotted my favorite blue crop top. Instant flashes appear in my head of my dream, of Trevor trying to take it off of me. I shiver.

"Michael? Will you stay?" I ask, almost in a whisper. I don't know why I'm doing this. I swore off men! But again, something about him is different. Comforting.

He stopped dead in his tracks, spun around and stared at me with wide eyes, before clearing his face to show a small shy smile. "Uh, yeah, sure... If you want." He answers while nervously scratching the back of his neck, unknowingly showing off his biceps that make me weak in the knees. Shit! What am I doing?

"Uh... If you don't mind? You don't have to... I just, uh, can't sleep." I find myself rolling around on my feet until I'm resting my weight on the outsides of them.

His eyes soften, "Sure," and he grabs my hand, interlacing our fingers. It feels comfortable, and safe. I ignore the other feelings that his touch gives me as we head downstairs to say goodbye to his friends.

*Regan's POV*

My eyes about pop out of my head when they start down the stairs holding hands but I quickly recover before anyone notices. Calum saw too and smirks but I cut them all off before anything is said aloud. "Don't say a word! Any of you! Understand?!" I quietly growl at them. Calum raises an eyebrow at me and I whisper to him "I'll text you later!" He smiles as they reach the bottom.

Cara is the first to speak. "Hey guys," she starts, hiding hers and Michael's hands behind her back, "um, uh, I just wanted to apologize. Ya know, for... earlier?"

"It's no big deal, Cara. It was a bad dream. We've all had them. And still do from time to time. Its no problem." Ashton says with a warm smile. I'm glad he's the one that answered her. He's the one I feel most comfortable opening up to. He's also the only one who knows about how I feel about Cal. He's so easy to talk to. Not to mention that his smile is quite contagious!

"So, um, I'll just catch up with you guys tomorrow, okay?" Michael says, glaring at each of his friends, daring them to say something. Ashton starts giggling, what else is new, and I elbow him in the side to shut up. He stops thankfully and Calum speaks up, "Yeah sure! See ya tomorrow mate! Nice to meet the infamous Cara finally!" he says, smiling at her. It seemed to put Cara at ease too. I like him even more now, if that's even possible! As the others turn to walk out the front door, he pulls me in for a hug. "Goodnight Regan." Then quietly so only I can hear, "you better text me!" He chuckles as he heads out the door. I turn around to face Michael and Cara and no matter how hard I try, I can't stop smiling. "So, um, I'm heading to bed now. Goodnight Michael. Talk to you tomorrow Cara! I'm glad you're here!" And I walk up to my bedroom and shut the door. I jump up and down as quietly as I can. Things are looking up!