61.

*Cara's POV*

It's Tuesday. I love Tuesdays because I get to spend most of the day in the darkroom. Right now, I'm outside the campus cafeteria having lunch before my next class when I get a text from Chris. I've talked to him a few times, and we text occasionally. It's a very slow process to build up a friendship but we're getting there.

To Cara
Hi Cara. How's your day going?

To Chris
Good. On my lunch between classes

To Cara
Enjoying your classes?

To Chris
Loving them! Have a few big photo projects going on & I love it

To Cara
That's great to hear! How's everything else?

To Chris
Well, Michael and I got a house! We move in Saturday!

To Cara
That is really great news! He seems like a wonderful guy

To Chris
He is!

To Chris
Gotta head to class. Ttyl

To Cara
Okay. Have fun. Love you.

I lock my phone and head back to the darkroom. Michael and the guys will be leaving soon for the meeting. I can't wait to hear about it! I send off one last text before turning my phone off.

To Mikey❤, Ash, Cal, Lukey
Good luck in the meeting today! C ya tonight!

I turn off my phone and head into class into the darkroom.

****

It's 6:00 at night and I'm starving. I hop on the bus and head home. I texted Michael and he's going to pick me up from the townhouse. He's waiting for me when I get home and he's trying really hard to control his excitement. I'm really curious so we leave right away. When we get to the band house, the guys and Regan are drinking and immediately sit me down on the couch. They stand in front of us and Ashton starts.

"So, after the show Saturday, I got a call from Modest Management in London. When Louis Tomlinson tweeted about us, they started to look into us. Two of the head guys were at the concert Saturday."

Calum started next. "We had no idea they were there! I'm so glad you helped us get our shit together Cara! They watched our whole show!"

Luke interrupted next. "I guess they really liked us. They spent Sunday and Monday discussing what they wanted to do and getting approval and shit."

Michael was about to burst. "We got a recording contract!!! We're recording an EP!"

"OHMYGOD!" Regan and I screamed together and jumped up into a big group hug. "This is so awesome guys! Holy shit! I'm so proud of you guys! You totally deserve this! Oh my god I'm about to be living with a real life rock star!" I said, making us all laugh.

We celebrated with the usual: pizza, beer and Xbox until Regan and I had to go.

The rest of the week flew by full of packing and shopping and band practices. Before I knew it, its Saturday morning. Michael stayed at the townhouse with me last night and we're currently loading my boxes of clothes and camera gear into Michael's car while we wait for Luke's brothers to arrive with a pickup truck. Luke was able to recruit their help in return for free beer.

Everyone arrives at once. Ashton, Calum, Luke, Ben, and Jack. The 6 guys loaded my bed and dresser into the pickup a lot quicker than I expected. But then again, with 6 strong guys, apparently it doesn't take much. That was all the furniture I had, the rest was Regan's, and Dad would be bringing down more in a few days.

Regan went with us to the house of course. This is first time that anyone's gotten to see it, so we led the way in Michael's car. Michael and I ran to the front door hand in hand. He got the keys last night while I was at work. He unlocked it, opened the door and carried me over the threshold bridal style. Regan and I laughed while all the guys, Ben and Jack included, teased Michael but he didn't care. We gave them a quick tour. It was quick because there really isn't much to the house, then showed them the shed. We should've waited on that because it took forever to get them out of there!

Finally they unloaded the truck, putting my bed and dresser in the master bedroom and even set the bed up right away! All my boxes went in the closet and we headed off to the band house. They loaded up Michael's bed, dresser and desk and all his band gear in the truck and Michael's car. Ashton threw a few other boxes into his car and we went back to the house.

Michael's parents Karen and Daryl were waiting for us, so we took them on a tour while the others got everything off the truck. Michael's bed and dresser went in the guest room, the desk into our bedroom and the couch from the Clifford's was put in the living room. All the boxes were stacked in the living room. There's still another load to get, including Michael's TV and all his Xbox stuff but we decided to get pizzas first.

After we ate, Regan, Karen and I stayed at the house and started to unpack while all the guys went to get the rest of our things. Ashton had brought over a box he had packed us of extra kitchen supplies. Cups, a couple plates, bowls, some silverware...

Karen grabbed another box and started laughing. I looked in the box to see Michael's snack stash. "Some things will never change!" she laughed as she put them in the pantry. We continued working on the boxes while talking about my job, the record deal, Daryl's work, everything really. We just put clothing in the bedroom and left Michael's guitar stuff alone. I'm too clumsy to touch it. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to it.

The guys came back and immediately set up the TV and Xbox. At this point I knew moving day was done for the guys. Karen and I are in the kitchen by ourselves when she gets a serious look on her face. I wonder what's up when she starts.

"Cara, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that you're here. Before he met you, Michael was in a bit of a depression." What? He was always a happy dork, and still is! "The band is the only thing that kept him together. I know you've had a lot of things going on; don't worry, he hasn't gone into detail, but I can never thank you enough for what you've done for my son. I have never seen him this happy until he met you."

I'm legit in tears as I tell her, "When I met Michael, I was in a really bad place and I wanted to have nothing to do with him or anyone else. But there was a connection that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't deny it. I never thought it was possible to love someone this much before."

"You were engaged before you met him, though, right?"

"Yes I was. But in the three years we were together, it never once felt like this. Him cheating on me was the best thing that could've happened to me, because that's when I met Michael."

"I heard my name!" Michael interrupts as he comes in the kitchen. He sees my tears and comes to me, using his thumb to wipe them away.

"Are you okay angel?" He asks. I look at his mom and we smile at each other.

"Never better!"