Dan Has A Crisis

Dan laid awake in his bed, the clock on his bed side table read 3:00. He stared at the neon green light flashing with a million thoughts running through his head. All he could think about was the heavy ideas of the future and why he was here at this moment.

Typical Dan.

He rolled over and groaned into his pillow, wishing he could just fall to sleep. Why do I even need to sleep? Dan decided that it was useless to continue and stood up. He paced his room running his hands over each other. Picking at his fingernails he pondered about the inevitability of death. What would not existing be like? Would he just die, and that's it? Just nothingness? The idea scared him shitless so he tried to just tell himself heaven was real. But there was no way he would know? There was absolutely no way to find out until the moment came.

Dan shook his head to try and rid the thoughts. Unfortunately, they just kept coming. What is the point of even trying if he is just going to leave? Would anything be worth it? One day, in probably three generations, everything he ever did will be forgotten and all his hard work will be gone. Forever.

"Dan?" Dan jumped and turned around seeing Phil with his Jake hoodie on. Relaxing after realizing who it was Dan sighed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Dan whispered apologetically

"No, it's okay, what's bothering you?" Phil smiled and walked into the doorway closing it behind him.

"Existential crises." Dan said almost embarrassed.

"What it's about this time?" Phil asked grabbing Dan by the hands softly. Dan eyed his fingers as they swept over his own in a comforting manner.

"The future." Dan said and looked up at Phil's eyes to see them shining brightly in the dim light.

"What about it, bear?" Phil lead Dan onto the bed and sat close to him so their thighs brushed.

"Just why i'm even doing anything. What is the point if i'm going to die in a few years?"

Phil cut him off with a small laugh, "Let's hope it's longer than a few years."

"Okay then." Dan nodded, "Let's say i'm going to die eventually, what's the point of working? What's the point of living right now?"

"That's ridiculous." Phil shook his head, "The work you do now benefits those younger than you and those kids will influence the generation below them. Everything you do is extraordinarily important. Especially that you have many people watching you. You make them happy so that they can make others happy. You are helping so many people. Think of all of the people who have told you you had saved them." Phil pulls Dan closer, "You save people, Dan. And more importantly you saved me." Dan felt tears well up in his eyes at Phil's touching speech, "Without you I would lack so much of the happiness I have now. I wouldn't of had half the opportunities I do today if it weren't for you.

And Daniel, I never want you to think your work is useless. I never want you to think you're useless. I love you so much that I don't know what I would do without you. And about the future, I imagine us moving to some pretty house where we can raise beautiful children and live a happy ever after. We can have a shiba inu if you'd like and we can teach our children how to be memes."

Dan laughs and wipes away tears, "That sounds great." He feels his heart warm as he thinks of the future he has with Phil.

"And I plan on us leaving this earth at the same time, hand in hand continuing to wherever we go next, together."

An/ This was v short, i'm sorry. School has me so busy, plus I'm in softball so I gotta do that after school. Blah, anywho, please enjoy :)