Thank You

An/ this is an au with bullying so if you are triggered please don't read.  And it's also set to be like an American high school thus "football" being American "football."

Phil sat crossed legged on the bleachers as a cold gust of wind hit his face.  With his headphones blasting in his ears he felt peaceful.  Well, as peaceful as he could for being at school.  He had to wait for his brother to finish some meeting for football.  Really, it was hell but with Fall Out Boy it was hell with a good soundtrack.  Phil closed his eyes as he pulled his arms closer to his body as another gust of icy wind blew over the field. 

Phil opened his eyes to spot a boy talking to some people.  He squinted his eyes to see that some of the football team were talking to him.  The boy had mousy brown hair and dressed in black from head to toe.  Phil recognized him, he was in his biology class.  Why would the football team be talking to him?  A moment of realization hit Phil as he saw Dan wave his hands taking steps back.  They weren't talking to him, they were threatening him.  Phil stood up as the boy turned around on the ball of his foot and ran. 

Phil gasped as he fled, running as fast as he could.  Phil made his way down the bleachers taking out his headphones and watching the scene play out in front of him. The two football members easily caught up to Dan and gripped him; each holding either of his arms. 

"Stop!"  The boy said looking around frantic, his eyes darting around for help.  They landed on Phil's and for a moment he looked like he was pleading for Phil to do something.  Jumping over the fence Phil landed with a thud, stumbling over the four foot drop.

One of the guys knees the boy in the chest causing him to cripple over himself.  His head hung limply over his body his hair blowing over his face due to the wind.

"Stop!"  Phil screamed running to the scene.

One of the jocks almost threw Dan into the others arms and turned to Phil.  He had a smug look on his face, with his arms crossed Phil felt his nerves stand on end, "What are you doing here?" 

"Leave him alone."  Phil said easily towering over the boy.  Although he had a height advantage the football jock had the muscles.

"Why should we?"  The other one added.  He had both of the boys arms behind his back, the boy looked up at him his eyebrows pulled upward in worry.

"What the heck?"  Phil said outraged, "Leave him alone."

"We don't want this faggot spreading his gayness!"  Just with that one word Phil turned furious.  Growing up as a closeted gay was the hardest thing he could experience.  And that poor boy outed himself, he was so brave to do so and these idiots decide to bully him for it?

"Fuck off."  Phil said swinging his fist hard at the guy, punching the smug look right off his face.  Phil felt his hand sting at contact as he heaved over in pain.  Phil, full of adrenaline, lifted his foot up and kicked him hard in the side.  Without realizing it the other jock threw a hard punch to Phil's stomach.

Pain tore through his body, he grasped his stomach.  Dan sat starring wide eyed at Phil.  He was sitting on the ground in utter shock.  Phil felt a hard kick dig into his leg as he collapsed.  Falling onto the dirt his eyes locked with the boy.

Phil mouthed one thing, 'run.'  And he did.  He completely bolted heading towards the school his hair streaming behind him.  Phil felt more kicking against his sides from two different people.  The other one got up?

Whimpering Phil took the blows glad that he could help out the boy, it made him happy to know he saved him from this.  Just as he was loosing hope he heard footsteps.  Phil opened his eyes to see the boy running with his brother and a few other members from the football team.