I Do

Walking hand in hand with Phil I sweated nervously.  My breathing quickened and I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to do.   The small box poked at my thigh through my pants.  I looked over at Phil and smiled.  His eyes were beautiful.  They were a light blue that swirled with flecks of green.  Freckles of yellow also stood out on the blue iris.  He smiled which sent his eyes squinting.  He pulled his eyebrows together and breathed out through his nose.

"We are so lucky to be here."  Phil looked ahead as they strolled through a park in Japan.

"I'm so lucky to have you here."  I smiled and pulled him close planting a soft kiss on his forehead.  Phil looked down in embarrassment his cheeks  turning a bright shade of pink.

"You're so sappy."  Phil laughed as I smiled more.  Little did Phil know that today I was going to propose. I hoped that he said yes. I got nervous again and took a quick sharp breath in. 

"You love it though." I smiled and looked at the cherry blossoms.  They were fully bloomed and with every gust of wind the small flowers would rain on the park.   A small pond with koi was nestled behind the two.

"That is very true."  Phil looked back up at him.  A strong gust of wind blew over the two sending cherry blossoms to dance around Phil.  On landed in his hair and I smiled.  The pink flowers blew over him and I felt like I was in a movie. 

"Dan! They have a koi pond!"  Phil said excited and rushed to the fish. I laughed and traced the box in my pocket with a shaky finger. 

I follow him chuckling at his childish behavior.  His eyes were wide with amusement staring at the fish.  I stood behind him a few feet and decided this was the right time.  Kneeling on one knee I shook nervously.  Taking the ring out of my pocket I opened it up and it made a small click.

Turning around Phil widened his eyes and smiled, "Dan!" 

"Phil, I love you.  You saved me when I needed you most. I feel in love with you from the minute I met you. I adore everything you do and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. My love for you is unimaginable and no way am I able to put it in words. And I know that this is crazy but I'm begging you to say yes."

I took in a shaky breath and watched Phil for any signs of hesitation. I blinked slowly watching as Phil smiled bright.

Phil's eyes clouded with tears, "Yes, of course yes, I love you Dan." I shot up from my position and gently placed the ring on Phil's finger, tears started forming at my eyes as well.

I took Phil from the back and leaned him close to me. Our lips were centimeters apart and all I wanted to do was kiss him. I've been waiting my whole life for someone like Phil. And here he is, now my fiancee. I placed my hand on the back of his neck and closed my eyes. When our lips collided I felt whole. Our noses bumped and I laughed into the kiss a little bit. His hot breath filled my mouth and I felt shivers run down my spine. I gripped his neck a bit harder as he rested his hands on my hips. Phil's lips were soft and very delicate. They traced my own like the experts they were. His tongue slipped into my mouth feeling very familiar and wet. His breathing quickened sending sharp breaths into our space. I moved my hand to his chest and gripped a fistful of his jacket in my palm. I felt his heart beating. As we pulled away we held our foreheads together and tried to catch our breath.

"I love you, Phil." I said opening my eyes to engulf his features.

"I love you too, Dan." Phil smiled. I saw every crinkle on his nose and every dark hair that fell over his eyes.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."