Poison Arrow

Barry walks into Star Labs, in one hand carrying Moonpie's travel cage and in the other holding the end of Sebastian's lead. Barry had made Roy carry all the pet stuff into the lab. As soon as Barry and Roy walked into the lab, everyone looked up. Well everyone apart from Effy who was sat on a spinny chair playing fruit ninja on her phone.

"Seriously what help is she to anyone?" Barry thought to himself. He walked over to Lizzie's bed and placed Moonpie's travel cage on the table beside her bed. He looked up to see Lizzie laying in her hospital bed and noticed she was now wearing an oxygen mask and had a huge bandage wrapped around her right thigh from where she had been shot by the Arrow. Barry held Lizzie's cold hand in his own, with his other hand he let Sebastian off his lead, who then ran straight under Lizzie's bed and went to sleep.

Out of the corner of Barry's eye he noticed Cisco and Oliver talking. In Oliver's hand was the arrow which had shot Lizzie. Now Barry could see it more clearly, he realised it didn't exactly look like a normal arrow. Barry hadn't ever had the chance to look at Oliver's arrows to see what a 'normal arrow' looked like, it he just knew there was something odd, something different about this arrow. He just didn't know what. He knew that Cisco and Oliver were probably talking about that arrow because the both of them kept glaring down at the arrow.

"Anyone want to tell me what's going on?" Barry said, gently letting go of Lizzie's hand and marched over to where Oliver and Cisco were stood talking. He would ask Effy but one, he didn't really like her, and two, she was playing on her phone.

"Oh, Barry, hey" Cisco stuttered, his eyes quickly dotting from Barry to Oliver, to the arrow and then back to Barry.

"Cisco! Just tell me what's going on already!" Barry says, trying hard not to rise his voice because of his now rising temper.

Oliver took a deep, loud sigh. "Barry, for starters I just want you to know I'm truely sorry. I really am". He stopped and took another loud sigh, he looked down at the arrow he was holding then back to Barry. "In my rush to grab an arrow from my quiver, I picked this one". He gestures to the arrow in his hand then passed it to Barry. "It's a specialty arrow me and Felicity worked on last year. I swear Barry I had no idea of was in my quiver!"

Barry passes the arrow back and fourth from his left hand to his right hand. "What do you mean specialty arrow?" Barry questions, still looking down at the arrow.

"Last year Felicity and I were working on these specialty arrow, you know like the explosive arrows and stuff like that". Oliver took a deep sigh and looked up at Barry, their eyes meeting. "I never had the intention of using that arrow. It was always meant to stay in the lab".

"Oliver that doesn't answer my question!" Barry rages. "Will someone just please tell me what's so special about this arrow already!"

"That arrow, just like the explosive arrow, can only be used once. Similar to his the explosive arrow explodes when it hits something, that arrow releases poison..." Oliver explained, and everyone fell silent.

Everyone else in the room looked up. They already knew that the arrow which had struck Lizzie was poisonis. Barry ignored them all and looks over to Lizzie. "Is she going to be OK?"

Caitlin stood up from where she was sat and walked over to Lizzie's bed. Barry looked over to where Caitlin was now stood. "Caitlin? Caitlin please... Tell me she's going to be OK!" Barry whimpered, tears starting to build up in his eyes.

"She lost alot of blood when the arrow hit her. She lost even more when I removed the arrow from her thigh..." Caitlin explained in a low tone, sitting back down at her desk but still looking over at Lizzie.

"But someone can give her blood! Right?" Barry questions, the tears still constantly growing in his eyes.

Caitlin's eyes left Lizzie and made their way over to where Barry was stood. "We tried to find someone, but Lizzie has a rare blood type. I don't know anyone with the same blood as her. I'm sorry".

"So what are you saying?" Roy chirped up. Until now he'd been sat in silence, stairing at the ground.

No one said anything. They just all sat in silence. She had lost to much blood her body couldn't make anymore, and with no one to donate her blood. Things weren't looking good.

"Someone should let her family know what's happened" Harrison said, wheeling into the room and discovering he'd just interrupted a silence.

"She has no family" Barry cries. "That's why she moved to America! Her parents were seventeen when she was born. Neither interested on having a family yet! They were just got drunk at a party... And I think you know where the story goes after that". Barry wipes away another falling tear before continuing. "She grew up always moving from foster home to foster home! That's why she moved here! To make a new start!" Barry couldn't hold back his tears anymore, so he just let them fall like a waterfall of emotion.

"There's no one to tell, I'm the only family member who actually cares about her" Roy muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

There was more silence. Everyone just either staired into space or were looking at the ground. Slowly, tears began to spread around the room. Then all of a sudden Barry got up and ran out of the room, causing papers to fly because of his speed.

Barry just wanted to get away for awhile, and have some alone time. Time to let everything settle in. The love of his life was literally inches form death, and there was no one to save her now.

"So is he gonna come back, or can I go now?" Effy asks with a sarcastic look on her face, finally looking up for her phone.