Through a Human's Eye

All Opal could see for miles in every direction was just white, nothing else, as he slowly woke up from his slumber, his mind slowly catching up to him. 'What is this place?' Opal asked himself, as he looked around the pure white landscape. 'Am I...dead?' Horrified at the thought, Opal refused to believe that he was dead, until he heard a strange sound, almost like the beat of the drum. Than he heard it again, and again, until it settled into a steady rhythm and Opal realised exactly what the beating was, it was a heart. His heart, to be exact, as he could feel it beating in exact synchronisation with his heart, only the blank, white land that Opal was standing on seemed to pulse in time with the beating, almost as if everything within this strange land lived off of this sound of a beating heart. Before Opal could ponder this anymore, a large pillar of golden flame erupted on the right of him, startling him enough to make him jump five feet away, before a pillar of silver flames erupted on the left of him, and opal quickly jumped back from the shock of flames erupting right next to him out of nowhere. 'What the...' Opal stammered, too shocked for words, as he tries to figure out what's going on. The flames continued to grow in height until they abruptly stopped, seeming as if they hit some kind of ceiling, before the two flaming pillars started to move towards each other before merging into a large flaming pillar with gold and silver streaks all around it. Opal could only stop and stare as the display of flames grew outwards in size, until the edge of the flames was only a couple of centimetres away from his snout. It was at this point that Opal realised that he could not move, almost as if some strange force was holding him down, on an on Opal struggled against his bonds until the flames were about to touch him, when Opal realised that there was no heat emanating off the flames, and then the flames enveloped his snout. To Opal, it was the strangest sensation, touching flames and not being burnt, in fact, the flames had a slight chill to them, almost like ice, and the strange feeling continued as the flames enveloped the rest of his small body, giving his scale a strange golden sheen to them, almost as if the flames were starting to come off of him in small ribbon-like tendrils. All of this was happening at such a quick pace that Opal didn't even realise the large drum-like sound had suddenly stopped, and when they did this, the flaming pillar and the flaming ribbons that appeared to now extend off of Opal's scales slowly faded away to a puff of smoke, but Opal was still unable to move, and his vision started to blur and get darker and darker, until his vision was completely black, but he knew he was still conscious, but it felt like his mind was outside of his body, as if he was travelling through nothing until he felt himself stop moving and was immediately blinded by bright lights and he quickly realised how quiet it was in the strange land, as he was assaulted by the bright lights, his vision slowly dulled down to the point where he could see his surroundings, he appeared to be in a room of some sort, thinking for a couple of seconds of where he was, it took him a moment to realise that he was in Arian's room, on his chair next to the desk to be specific, but something was off, it seemed that Opal's viewpoint was higher than usual, and he quickly realised that he was unable to move any of his limbs. On Opal continued to struggle in the strange body until suddenly, it started moving on it's own and it looked down, and Opal quickly realised why it seemed like this body was not his own, it's because it wasn't, in front of him, all Opal could see was the floor, and in front of them, hands, human hands to be exact. 'Wh-what's happening to me?' Opal thought as the human body he seemed to be inhabiting started walking out of Arian's room and down the small hallway towards the bathroom and over to the basin that takes up a small chunk of the room, and looked into the mirror. 'What the?!' Was all Opal could think as he saw the reflection in front of him, for it was not himself in front of him, but rather, Arian. As Opal got over most of the shock of seeing Arian in his own reflection, he realised that he was looking through Arian's perspective, and slowly taking in the details of Arian's face, Opal could see dark rings under his eyes, almost as if he was sleep deprived, and all his hair was frizzy, showing off the giant burnt spot of hair on the side of his face. But after a couple of seconds of looking at Arian's face, a surprised look suddenly flashed across his dark green eyes, and looking where Arian was looking, he could see why. Coming from the back of Arian was a large set of golden wings, almost giving off the exact same light that the wings that grew on Opal in the dragon centre gave off. 'What the-' was all Opal could hear Arian muttering, before the light flashed brightly, and Opal could feel as if his very soul was being transported somewhere, but where he did not know. To Opal, he seemed to stay in this blinding light for what seemed like hours, but could have only been a couple of seconds, until the light slowly faded and he could see his surroundings, or rather, Arian's surroundings. It took him a moment to realise where he was, but after a couple of seconds, Opal realised he was in the training room of the dragon centre, the centre of the dummies to be exact. 'Why are we here?' Thought Opal, until his thought were interrupted by another voice in his mind 'Opal, is that you? Is it really you?' There was no doubt about it, that was definitely Arian's voice, except it sounded a bit raspy, as if he had been crying. 'Who else would it be? Though I have no idea how I can speak with you.' Arian thought back with a slight amount of glee in his words. 'At least I can hear you, thank goodness you're back, but do you know how or why we're here?' Arian asked back, happy that he was able to hear his voice again. 'I don't know maybe we should-' Opal suddenly stopped talking, as if something had happened to him, almost as if he was shocked by something. Wondering what happened to Opal, Arian closed his eyes and tried to search for him with his mind, until he felt two strange minds, they felt strangely similar, almost as if he had met them before, but that was all Arian could think as he realised who one of them was, and why it felt so similar. He was feeling an exact copy of his mind.