Swordfight

The room had gone silent, all the people in the dragon centre had stopped and turned to see what had just occurred, before they all just turned back to what they were doing and continued talking as if seeing a dragonling grow wings the size of a fully grown dragon was a daily occurrence. Trying to piece together what had just happened, Arian just stared at Opal with disbelief, who just stared back as if nothing had just happened. After staring for a couple seconds, Arian remembered what he was in the dragon centre to do. 'I'll figure out what just happened later, right now, I have to get to training otherwise Kat might turn me into a chew-toy for Ruby' Arian thought begrudgingly before scooping up Opal off the ground and almost sprinting towards the reception. 'Hey Arian, I take it that your here for your dragon training?' The receptionist asked, almost as if she, too had forgotten everything about what had just happened while motioning towards Opal as she said it. 'Uh...yeah, I am' Arian responded, though still shocked at the situation, before realising that his mouth was still open from before and quickly shut it. 'Well I take it you remember your way onto the fourth floor?' The receptionist asked Arian without even looking up from her paperwork that was in front of her. 'Your training will begin there' she added. 'Okay, thanks.' Arian replied, before he started walking down the hallway on the right. As he was walking, Opal seemed content to just sit on Arian's shoulder for the time being as he walked into the elevator and the doors closed behind him.

As the doors opened to the fourth floor of the dragon centre, the room was reset back to all the training dummies like he first saw them when he first entered the room yesterday, Arian, quickly looking around to make sure no arrows were coming to hit him on the head, walked out of the elevator door as they closed behind him. Before he waited near the door with Opal simply resting on his shoulder as he waited to see what he should be doing.

It surprised Arian when, right behind him, Kat walked out of the elevator with her unstrung bow in hand. 'Sorry to keep you waiting, Arian, Ruby didn't want to wake up this morning, said something about 'beauty sleep', I think he just wants to sleep in.' She said as she walked past Arian and walked towards the training dummies with her bow in hand. 'Anyway, we may as well start training, here, catch!' Kat continued on before a long, stick-like object was thrown at Arian. Thinking fast, Arian moved into position to catch the object and closed his hands around it, upon closer inspection, he realised it was a plain steel sword sheathed in leather with strange glyphs along the sheathe. 'This will be your training sword for the time your here, at least until you get your own.' Kat explained, before pressing a small button near the bottom of her  metal bow that Arian hadn't noticed before, before realising that the entire shape of the bow was changing with ripples extending out from the small button, almost like the bow was a river and a small stone was dropped into the river from where the button was. As soon as the first ripple on the bow had reached the top of the bow, the entire shape of the bow started to bend to be more straight, while a small, hilt-like object appeared with a grip where Kat was now holding the bow, while one edge of the bow appeared to get sharper. It was then that Arian realised Kat's bow had turned into the sword, and all he could mutter was 'woah' as the last of the ripples reached the top of the bow-turned-sword and finished turning into a sword. 'We will be learning to sword fight today, of course, I enchanted the swords before hand to not inflict wounds, but you will have to do it next time.' She explained as she got into a stance that Arian remembered was a popular sword-fighting stance, before he crudely mirrored the stance as Kat started to move to her right in a circle to try and get behind Arian. Realising what she was trying to do, Arian quickly lifted Opal down from his shoulder, in which he scuttled over to the side of the room, where he was out of the way, but could still watch the action, before Arian quickly got up and made a small jump to make up for the distance that Kat had moved to his left, before he also started walking to his right at the same speed of Kat.

Deciding to take the initiative, Arian made a slight step forward, as if he were to start charging, before realising Kat hadn't flinched a muscle, as much as this put Arian off, it only made him relax even more, because no matter what, he knew he couldn't tense up in front of a fighter as trained as Kat. On they circled like that for a few minutes, filled with nothing the noise of the two rivals breathing, almost in rhythm, as one tried to get behind the other, Before Kat made a lunge, almost randomly, at Arian's shoulder, but, seeing it coming, he moved his sword to intercept the blow, but then realised that Kat had changed the destination of his sword to the side of his stomach, realising he was going to be hit no matter what, Arian tried jumping away from the blow to try and lessen the impact, which only partially worked as Kat slammed the enchanted blade right into the side of his body, before disengaging and starting to circle Arian again, almost like how a tiger would play with it's prey when it trapped it in an inescapable situation.

'Ding, Kat:1 Arian:0' Kat jested as she continued to circle Arian, looking for the right moment to attack, before seeing the muscles tense in Arian's legs, as if he was about to pounce. Knowing that he was trying to replicate the attack that Kat had just performed, Kat launched herself towards Arian as soon as his feet had left the cold, hard ground, and raised her sword, as if to trip Arian mid-flight. Not realising his mistake until it was too late, Arian hurtled through the air as his legs made contact with Kat's sword and falling face first onto the floor. 'I'm not even sure if that counts as one or two hits, considering how hard your face hit  the floor there' Kat continued to jest. 'I think we should call it there, you obviously don't know the first thing about sword fighting, unless you want to get beaten up some more?' She explained to Arian who was only now trying to lift his face off of the floor.