Chapter 25: Hatred For Eleanor

Start from the beginning

"Darren!", I yelled.

Suddenly there was a reaction. He startled at my voice.

"Did you say something?", he sounded quite lost.

"Are you okay?", I decided to stop the car on the road but it wouldn't be appropriate. So I just continued driving.

"Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry. Just continue driving in this lane.", he gave me a light smile.

There is something wrong with him. What would he be thinking about? Nina! What are you even thinking about? He's obviously thinking about Eleanor. Remember he loves her a lot!

"Nina, whatever you're thinking is not what it's like.", Darren distracted me from my thoughts.

How did he knew what I was thinking? Could he read people's mind? That's totally scary! That's why I gave him the right nickname!

"Now you might be thinking how did I know it right?", he spoke.

"I don't understand what you're saying!", I rebutted back defensively.

"Oh really! You must be thinking that I might be thinking about Eleanor and that's why I'm ignoring you!", he gave me a smirk.

That's totally scary! I just couldn't believe my ears. What was he saying?

"Pftt! Nope! I'm thinking about something else!", I gave him a fake smile and began to give a fake laugh.

"Then what were you thinking?", he asked me curiously.

"I was just thinking that you might be worried about Aaron and Kathleen!", I lied to him.

"I was actually thinking about you."

About me? Do I seriously matter to him? Is this a clue that he would love me?

"What about me?", I asked him curiously.

"Whether you love racing or not.", he answered me.

"Oh! I love racing! Before I got married to you, I usually went for races with dad! I love that time and now I don't have the time to go for a drive.", I told him with a disappointed tone.

"Maybe both of us could go for races together next time! I love racing as well!", he smiled at me.

********************************************

We soon arrived to our destination. Both of us got out of the car and stood in front of the house. The house looked more like a castle. Did Aaron's grandmother lived here alone?

The rest had not arrived yet so both of us decided to go in first. We pressed the bell and a guy opened the door.

"Good morning sir. It's great to see you after some time. I see you brought a new toy today.", the guy gave a smirk.

Toy! Did Darren used to bring a girl for this guy?

"What! No she isn't your new toy! She's my wife. Stop staring at her like that if not I'll pull your eyeballs out!", Darren yelled at that guy and quickly placed his hand on my hip and pulled me closer.

He's breaking the rules! He's becoming too overprotective of me! I could have handled that guy.

"I'm sorry sir. Grandma is waiting for you in the living room.", he held his head low and walked away.

Darren took my hand and began to pull me in but I stopped him.

"Darren, you know you're breaking the rules right?", I asked him.

"Yes I know but I can't bear anyone treating you like that.", he told me.

Why would he not bear. That's because I look like his Eleanor.

"Who was he?", I asked him.

"So you want to hear everything?", he asked him. He sounded quite irritated.

"Yes!", I answered him back.

"That guy is a butler. Whenever I came here, I would bring one of the girls from our school that are desperate to hang out with me. He would think that I treat them like some toy. He think I'm a playboy. So he's one as well, sadly.", he looked at me.

"Then why did you yelled at him when he said that.", I asked him, curiously.

"That's because you're something important to me.", he told me that.

How was I important to him? Because I looked like Eleanor? He began to walk into the house when I shouted out loud.

"Is it because you see Eleanor in me and you couldn't bear seeing your Eleanor like that?", I nursed out in anger.

"Just think whatever you want to think!", he said.

"Then I will think that because if there was some other girl in my place, you would not have said anything.", I was very frustrated at that point.

"You know what Nina!", he stomped back towards me in anger.

He held my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"You're right. I saved you because I see Eleanor in you. If I wouldn't have seen her in you, I wouldn't give a sh*t about saving you because you mean nothing to me!", he clenched his teeth in anger and walked into the house. He slammed the door behind leaving me alone, standing in the cold.

This is what you get when there was someone in Darren's life before.

Go to hell Eleanor! I hate you a lot! I hate myself a lot! I just hate life!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

There is a reason why I wrote this chapter! You'll find out in the next chapter!

For now, we know that Nina hates Eleanor!

I'll update soon! Don't worry!

For now, take care!

And yes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER! I'm lacking in comments :)

Bye ~