25: Recovery

A picture of the hospital room is on the side. Imagine it with chairs instead of couches, since they couldn't all fit on that couch. I know it's a unrealistic outlook on a hospital room, but Ava's special so whatever.

Cute Guys And Their Lies – Recovery

---

AIDEN'S POV!

---

"She's going to wake up! I know what the hell I'm talking about!" I snapped for the millionth time. These are the doctors who had just delivered the news that my twin sister wasn't going to survive? They can't even understand what I'm telling them.

They just keep saying that her body was rejecting the medication they had given her to heal her torn esophagus.

The doctor gave me yet another pitying look before explaining the complicated process once again. She told me how even though I had donated a bunch of blood for her, that without her esophagus, she wasn't going to digest food properly. She told me that she would not survive without her digestive system intact.

"You'll see." I told her, confidence leaking out in every word. Ava was going to live. I know what the doctor is saying might be true but I know that my sister wouldn't leave me here alone. She knows that she promised we would never die without each other. Even though we were five and to naïve to know how silly and unrealistic that promise was, we were completely serious.
I know my sister will live.

"Aiden, stop it okay? She's not going to live, okay? Ava's dying." My mother cried her words out in between her sobs. I hated seeing her cry. I hated seeing anyone cry.

"Mom she's going to-"

"Stop!" She yelled, getting fed up with my inability to accept the fact that my sister was going to die soon. I clenched my jaw to stop myself from yelling at her like I yelled at the doctors. Why doesn't anyone understand that I know that my twin is going to live? She is a part of me. We are a package deal. My mom reached out to grab me into a hug but I moved out of the way.

If she didn't believe me then she doesn't deserve to be comforted.

I left out of the doctor's office without one look back. My feet knew the way to Ava's recovery room. I walked in and saw the same scene I left an hour ago.

Whitney was crying hysterically into Zach's shoulder as he wrapped his hands around her. His face was still buried into Whitney's hair as he slowly rocked her back and forth.

Kassi was tearing up next to an awkward looking Brandon as he awkwardly patted her back, unsure of what to do.

BreeAnna was staring directly at Ava without blinking. I'm not sure if I'm just seeing things, but it looked like she was pissed off. Why? I have no idea. And I'm not about to ask.

Will was on one side of the bed, squeezing Ava's hand and staring at her unconscious figure with his tears silently running down his cheek. That kid actually really likes my sister for some reason unbeknowst to me.

Evan was on the other side, looking like a ghost. He hadn't shed one tear. His eyes hadn't even watered. I guess the douche feels bad since it's his fault Ava was stabbed. He's the dumbass who let her run off when she was pissed. He claims he assumed she was confiding in Whitney or someone else. I swear that kid is so fucking dumb. He couldn't even see that my sister didn't really even like Whitney. Or anyone else for that matter. My sister didn't like a lot of people, but she tolerated it with a smile that was believable to all who didn't realize her charming ways. I had taught her those some time ago, actually.

The flowers sat all over the floor, slowly dying as we all waited patiently for my sister to wake up. The cheap foil balloons filled with helium were floating at the top of the room. Everyone dropped off balloons, flowers, cards, baked goods-anything to show their condolences.