23: Prom Night

The song that they dance to is on the side. Be warned: it's addictive. Christina Aguleria is just.. wow. & A picture of their prom is in the pictures thing! IT'S SO HAWWTTTT.

Cute Guys And Their Lies - Prom Night

The second we stepped into the ballroom, I was in utter awe. As I drank in all of the feautures, I couldn't help but notice the designs looked almost realistic. They were just amazingly amazing.

I say our prom committee (the official one handled by the school, not the one I was in with Whitney) did a freakin' AMAZING job. The theme-Summer in Paris-is well played out here with the miniature model of the Eiffel Tower. It looked splendid as it lit up in all of it's glory, with the sleek black carpet leading up to it as it created a sexy yet tasteful look. There was even a real photographer on set who busied himself by taking pictures of happy young couples in front of the glitz and glamour of our mock Paris setup.

To be honest, I hadn't put much faith in our school. Ally was head of the committee so of course I wasn't expecting something so gorgeous. I didn't even think they'd pull of anything nearly as awesome as this.

There was even an real DJ booth, where a formally dressed DJ sat as he began commanding our music for the evening. I don't know what song they were playing, but it was putting ants in my pants.

The twinkly lights had me mesmerized until Evan pulled me out of it by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's almost as stunning as you." His breath tickled my neck and I had to roll my eyes at his pure, undiluted cheesiness.

"That was lame." I teased.

"I spent about ten seconds on that, give me some credit."

"No way."

"You're no fun."

"You weren't saying that last night." I teased him again.

"I won't be tonight either." His tone of voice made me giggle like a freakin' twelve year old talking to her crush. Ugh, I hated the fact that he could make me feel so girly. I mean, I do think that I am a girly kind of person sometimes, but this.. this was a whole new level of girlness for me, and I'm not entirely sure I was enjoying it.

The stage grabbed my attention as someone came on it, tapping twice on the microphone firmly to test that it was working. Once he confirmed it was blaring his voice for us all to hear, he began talking in a playful tone. "Sorry to interrupt you guys and all your gyratin' you call dancing, but I wanted to let you all know that the poll for Queen and King is open at any time. Let me remind you that our homecoming King and Queen, Whitney and Zach, are not eligible to win."

I have no idea who is running so I guess I'm not voting. Whoever wins, wins. It's not really even that big of a deal to me.

Whitney booed mockingly before her and Kassi laughed. Glad to have the non-hormonal Whit back.

"I heard that." Our gorgeous science teacher pointed at Whitney from where he was making the announcement on stage. His entire demeanor was playful and joking. "The voting booth is behind the punch table with Mrs. Willows." He left the stage and the DJ immediately started up Give Me Everything Tonight by Pitbull, Nayer, and Ne-Yo.

"Oh my god! I love this song!" I immediately seized Evan and practically dragged him to the dance floor.

"And better yet, take a picture of me with a Kodak! Took my life from negative to positive I just want ch'yall to know that! And tonight, let's enjoy life. Ava, Evan, Kyle...that's right!" I yelled as I moved into the crowd of dancing teenagers, slightly rocking back and forth to the beat. I pulled Evan into the deepest part of the crowd with my hand intertwined with his high up in the air to avoid hitting any grinding teens.