10: Wanna Have A Slumber Party In My Basement?

A/N: I have almost 1,000 reads on this story. AHHHHH. Stoked. Vote & Comment! XOXO. (: & I'm almost to my goal of 50 votes! I have 49, soooo.. help. Please.

Cute Guys And Their Lies - Wanna Have A Slumber Party In My Basement?

"I never thought I'd go to dinner with someone's parents for a second date." I said, trying to ease the awkward silence.

He shrugged. "My parents are pushy."

I laughed and flipped my hair. "My mom is pretty cool." I thought back to my first day here when she kept interrupting my sleep. "Sometimes."

He grabbed my hand from my lap and held it in his. "Like mother like daughter."

I looked at him. Like really looked at him. I noticed he had a small, almost completely faded scar on his jaw. I cocked my head to the side, unsure of whether to ask him about it. What if it was something that brought back bad memories? I didn't want to upset him.

He laughed uneasily. "What?"

I shook my head.

He looked at me. We had stopped at a red light. "Really, what?" He leaned back in his seat, looking at me.

I shook my head again.

He did that thing he did when he tilted his head slightly downwards, raised one eyebrow, and made me want to melt. He gave me the 'Tell me' face.

I cracked. "What happened to your face?"

He looked taken aback. He didn't respond.

The light turned green. "Go." I told him.

He began driving again.

Did I say something wrong? I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion as I thought back to the conversation, or lack of, we just had.

"You don't like my face?" He looked confused.

"I do."

He smirked. "Really? Earlier, you asked me what was wrong with my face."

I rolled my eyes. "I asked what happened. Not what's wrong."

"Same thing."

"No it's not."

"Yeah, it is."

"Evan."

"Ava."

"No, I was talking about-" I touched his jaw softly, where the scar was. "-this." He jerked away from my hand and I pulled it back, scared I'd brought up something he didn't want to talk about.

"Your hands are fuckin' freezing!"

I laughed at his wide-eyed expression. "Woops."

---

"Hey mom." Evan kissed her on her cheek. "Hey dad." He barely looked his father in the eye. "Hey butterfly princess." He squeezed a little girl into a hug. She looked about seven and she giggled as he tickled her stomach for a moment.

I stood awkwardly to the side, not wanting to interrupt their family moment.

"Stop! Stop! No more. The Princess is done!" She squealed between fits of laughter. He grinned and stopped.

"Evan, aren't you going to introduce your girlfriend to us?" His mother beamed at me and I blushed. I wasn't his girlfriend.

He looked embarrassed "Mom.. She's not my g-"

His mom cut him off. "Oh, sorry. I forgot you kids don't go steady anymore." She winked at me and I blushed even deeper.

He swallowed and clasped his hands together. "This is Ava, my.. friend." He said awkwardly, holding my hand.