friday night

-Day 19-
(skipped to night of dance because nothing interesting happened during the week)

I'm in my house getting ready. I put on some makeup and told Two-Bit I was ready. he was doing his hair and it took him like 10minutes.

"it don't, your hair" he said
"what about it,it's fine let's just go already"
"aren't you going to do something with it?"
"no"
"not even that headband I snatched"
"if it makes you sleep at night"

he gave me that look. like the one so that you don't disappoint someone.

"ugh, fine. I'll put the damn thing on" I said. I grabbed the sparkly headband and put it on "there, better"
"I guess, come on, let's go, I still have to pick up Kathy "

I grab my leather jacket and went into the car. we get into the car and I sit in the driver's seat and look for the keys. I couldn't find them so I moved to the other seat. I sit in the car with a sour look on my face.

-----------

we arrived at the curtis house and Two-Bit drops me off and goes picks up Kathy. I walk through the door and go sit at the table with soda, Steve and Ponyboy. it feels weird when your the only girl in the house with Steve giving me weird looks. I rolled my eyes at him like 9 times in a minute at him. so everyone is playing cards and some how in conversation soda tells Darry to get the camera and take a picture of me and Ponyboy. so we go outside while there is still a little light. when it comes to pictures, I'm like a stick and don't move at all. so after at least walking around for 5 minutes looking for the best spot. we end up at the steps in front of the house.

"ready, 1 2 3" Darry says

we smile as the picture was taken. a lot of stuff hit me after the picture was taken. my mind was like crying on the inside. my parents weren't here to see me go to my first dance. I could just imagine my dad driving me over there and telling me what time he was going to pick me up and then get something to eat afterwards and my mom helping me pick a dress and doing my hair. that hit me real hard in the gut. like I had to cry, but I couldn't because they don't know that my parents are dead and I left my brothers because of the government. it hit me even more because this is my first dance and probably one of my only ones I'll ever go to. during all of this thinking, I needed a cancer stick. I didn't have one though. so instead I sneak into the kitchen and drink about a 1/2 a bottle of beer. I know I shouldn't have, but I had no choice. I would've had the whole bottle but beer makes me tired and Dally caught me when he came through the back door.

"Hey ah, I don't think you should be drinking at your age" dally tells me and hands me a cancer stick.
"why" I ask taking the cancer stick and lighting it.
"I don't know it just doesn't seem like you would be doing that"
"I've done that plenty of times, just don't tell the guys"

there was awkward silence between us fir a little bit. it wasn't that awkward to me. I grab a coke and crack it open then go sit on the counter.

"you planning on finishing that" he asks
"no you can have it" I tell him.

I finished my coke and go look for some cake. I find Steve eating it. I walk behind him and swipe it when he's not paying attention and go back into the kitchen and start laughing historically when Steve yells.

"who the hell took my cake" he yells
"it was dal" I yelled back

dally pushed me off the counter and I pushed him back. he didn't move I try again and still didn't budge until I practically body slammed him and elbowed him in the gut by accident. that's when Steve ran and saw me slamming into him.

"haha Dally got beat up by a girl hahaha" Steve said and went to tell everyone else.
"I did not expect that much power from someone like you" Dally told me
"I'm sorry was that a complement" I said
"what no,I-I just didn't expect that" he started blushing
"so that's a yes"
"no" and he walked out of the kitchen.