camping: day 3

I didn't wake up till maybe 9:30 that morning. I want hungry or anything, I just stayed in bed because I didn't want to get up, I wanted to stay in all day long. So I stayed in bed until the guys came in, they were all ready for the day while I barely got up. The guys came in yelling until I say up.

"god damn it, shut up. Don't you all know what time it is" I said
"Yeah, it's when you wake up" Soda said

He climbed on my bed and dragged me out of my bed. I just growled at them and climbed back up.

"Come on Kate, you gotta get up eventually" Johnny whinned
"But i don't wanna" I winned back. I flopped into my back.

Soda started snickering about something.

"What" Two-Bit asked
"You and Kate do the same things" Soda said
"Like what" I asked
"Both of you were drawn to the bar as if it were a magnet last night. Ummm... you never want to get out of bed and you two smoke all the time" he said
"Yeah doesn't everyone do that though" I asked sitting up now
"Almost everyone"

I climbed out of bed. I was wearing the same thing as last night when I woke up.

"Ready" I said
"What" Darry said kind of confused
"Yeah let's go" i said making my way to the door.

Everyone was glancing at Two-Bit, he finally got the message and told me off.

"Go get ready" he said pushing me back.

I rolled my eyes grabbed my bag with all my stuff in it and went into the bathroom to get ready. A half hour went by and i was ready. I came out and all the guys were out of the room, which was off I guess. I got my blade from out under my pillow and went outside. None of them were out there. Looks like I'm on my own for today. I found a stick and decided to draw in the dirt. So I was drawing in the dirt and thought, what if I make a stake stabby thing out of a stick. I decided That's what I wanted to do today, I went off into the trees to look for a nice looking stick. I found one and made my way to the lake. I sat on the boardwalk that they had. I took of my shoes and starting my stake thing. I got my blade out and started carving. It was a nice day out, the sun was out but there were still clouds in the sky. It was nice, having time to myself clearing my thoughts. I enjoy being by myself at times, I guess its healthy. I kept at my stake and stuff, I wasn't even half way done but it kept me busy and out of trouble. I got a little hungryso I got up, put my shoes on, got my blade in my pocket and went off to the dinning hall. There nothing special, I sat outside and ate my lousy grill cheese. I went over to the convenient store and got a pepsi-cola. I still had my stake with me. I was walking back to the boardwalk at the lake, sat down, took off my shoes and socks, and went back to my stake. Now I'm almost halfway done. I was thinking of doing some design on it. I wonder if the guys are looking for me. I was sitting on the edge of the boardwalk with my feet hanging off of the edge. I hear my name being called, I turned around and saw a group of guys walking around. Maybe that's them, I put my blade away and got my socks my shoes on, then walked over to them. I guess they were looking for me.

"Why'd you off on your lonesome kate" Steve
"Couldn't find you so I went here" I said
"Did ya eat yet kid" Darry asked
"Yeah" I responded "Thanks for asking"
"Mhmm" Darry said
"Hey Darry can we go swimming" Two-Bit asked
"I don't see why not"
"Yess" Johnny said excitedly

We went to the cabin to Chang into our bathing suits and stuff. I was the last one in the bathroom to change. I wasn't sure if that was good or not. I didn't want to go swimming, I still went anyways.

We got to the lake and all the guys jumped in.

"Hey kate aren't you comming in"Darry asked me
"Maybe later" I said

I still had my stake that I was working on earlier. I was finishing that up while everyone else was in the water. I was thinking about that thing with Ponyboy I did yesterday. That was fun, I'm kinda glad I got some time to myself earlier or else it would be been a lot more awkard than it already is. I was almost finished with the pointy part when I accidentally cut my self.

"Fuck" i said pretty loud

Everyone looked at me, and were suprised by my choice of words

"Fucking damn it, shit" I said in a normal tone
"Katherine Mathews, watch that mouth of yours and quit playing with that stick," Two-Bit yelled at me"you know guys don't find it got when ladies use those words, not even in-"

I took a look at my hand where i cut it on accident. Two-Bit saw the blood the was on my hand.

"What the hell, damn it why the hell would you do that" Two-Bit said while getting out of the water
"It just slipped" I said
"On purpose or accident, Katherine your life isn't that crappy"
"Y-You think I cut? Why would I do that. People who do that suffer through depression or feel like they don't belong"
"Let me see your hand"
"Its not that deep" I said putting it out

By then the gang was questioning why Two called me Katherine. Darry came over for look at my hand, it's true it wasn't that deep. It was almost like a super deep paper cut. Darry tore off a piece of someone's shirt off and tyed it around my hand.

"Thanks" I said
"Anytime kiddo" he said

Why kiddo, my dad always called me that. I miss him. Apparently I looked pretty sad at that point

"You doin alright doll face" Steve asked
"What uh sure yeah" I said snapping out of my thoughts
"That don't sound very convincing" Soda said
"Really I'm ok"
"If ya say so" Dally said heading back to the water. Everyone else followed except for Two-Bit

"Somthing bugging you" he asked.
"I don't know" I said
"You wanna tell me about it"
"Maybe"
"Did somebody say somthing or..."
"Yeah"
"About what"
"Dad was the only one who called me kiddo"

Two-Bits Pov

Damn it I'm not good at this kinda stuff. Maybe silence will work. Ooh I'll put my arm around her. That's just what I did. She leaned her head on me. I wanted to tell her it be alright, but I'm not sure what she say to that. I noticed the stake that she had earlier was on the ground and it did have a red stain on it. I guess her blade did slip on her.

"You feeling any better now" I asked
"Yeah" she said
"No water works or any of that"
"Nah"

Thank you Jesus Christ

"Do you like being called Katherine" I asked. I was curious so I thought what could go wrong
"Yeah a little"
"Can I call you that from now on"
"Sometimes" she said

Kate's Pov

We say there until dinner. Dinner was meatloaf and from there we went to sleep.