DX yess

-Day 32-

Monday morning, I can tell its gonna be an awful day. Socs are gonna pick on me even more, can't do art class so I have to sit in study hall for and hour and a half doing homework. I'm thinking of not going to school today, and hanging out with Steve and Soda at DX instead. Yeah that's what I'll do hang out with them for the day, I haven't gotten to know very well yet. I go tell Two-Bit I was hanging out with Steve and Soda.

"Yeah sure"
"Grab my books from my locker" I asked him
"Yeah, 34, 25,14 right?"
"Yeah"

Today was not gonna be awful because I'm not gonna go to school and I get all the free chips that I want. I get out of my pjs and change into white spaghetti strap tank, it was more flowy than tight hugging every inch of me, pair of jeans and combat boots because there the easiest ones to put on. Now for the tricky part... brushing my hair. It's impossible to do anything when you have one arm and its not the dominant one too. So I brush my hair as best as I can. I put on one of Two-Bit's leather jackets and go eat some cereal.

"How's it like being a one hander" Two-Bit says

"Shut your trap" I tell him in a playful causal way, "peel this banana for me"

He takes the banana peels it and takes a bite. Two seconds later he acts lake he's dying while I'm laughing so hard because his cereal spilled all over his jeans during the show. He uses my perfume(which I only use if I don't feel like showering) and sprays it all over himself. I hope he has gym class today.

"Did a girl just walk by" I asked
"I'll just say that I'm sampling it to give to Kathy" he says

Both of us walk out the door and get in the truck and drove to the Curtis house. He dropped me off and the car left with a roar down the street.

I walked into the house where I saw the most disturbing thing of my life. Soda was hanging around and obviously just got out of the shower, he was on the couch with just his DX hat and nothing else! No socks no shirt no nothing just on the couch letting everything hang loose.

"Hey g-" I say and just drop the sentence and walk back out the door.

Pony comes out the door and sits on the front Steps with me.

"That was awkward" I said
"Kinda was" he says

Both of just laughed. I never noticed how nice his eyes are, there the ones you can get lost in almost make you melt.

"Lets get going" he says and gestures us to walk to school
"Oh uh I'm not goin today" I tell him
"How come"
"Just don't fell like it"
"I'll get you extra stuff we did in class if you want"
"Yeah sure, I'll meet you at the DX after school"
"See you around then"

He gets up and leaves and walks alone. I kinda fell bad for the kid, walking alone, but whatever. I go through the back door this time instead of the front because I'm hoping everyone's wearing a pair of pants. Dallas is drinking a beer in the kitchen.
"You playin hooky today" he asked me
"Uh yeah" I say kinda uneasy
"What us doin for the day then"
"Hanging around DX bothering Soda and Steve"

I take a swig of his drink.

"Cool" he says

We walk out of the kitchen while everyone is rushing around. Darry walks by.

"How come your not at school today Kate" he asked
"Oh uh I just wasn't in the mood today" I say
"Hey doll face, how about you come stick with me and Soda at DX for a while" Steve yells across the room.
"Yeah sure" I say

Steve hollers that I'm going to DX with him and Soda for the day.I'm hoping I don't have to do much while I'm there.

So the time has come for everyone to leave for work and stuff. I walk with Steve and Soda.

"So what made skip school today" soda said filling the silence
"Just because" I say
"You sure that's it"
"Hmm yeah that's it"

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Sorry this one was crazy long. So I'll post a continued chapter sometime this week or next week! Oh and thanks for reading and stuff like that.

-k