day 42

(I'm gonna start calling that chapters the day that its on... so that's it)

Kate's Pov

Two-Bit flipped when he found out I went to pines after school today. It wasn't that big of a deal, it took a few guys from school and no one there picks fights with me because of that Dally incedient. Word gets around fast in town because the first thing that people started saying to me was asking how I managed to get out of Winston's grasp. I'm like top greaser in my class for right now.

"Why the hell did you go there" Two-Bit asked
"Because I wanted to" I said. I was riding my board, I use it just about everyday to get to school and 24/7 on the weekends.
"Your just lucky you didnt get hurt"
"Why would she get hurt, everyone knows that Dallas didn't even touch her" Steve said
"What" Soda said

We were hanging around D.X. with Ponyboy.

"You haven't heard, its all over town" Steve said

Big mouth. Two-Bit wanted me to explain but he'd flip even more when I told I got in a fight with someone. I told him treerhe actual truth, my cancer attacks are gone for the rest of the week. I'll be chewing gum 24/7 now. Dally and me still get along, he just tells me to back off a bit when he gets in a fight or two. It makes no sense at all, like who's gonna tell me to lay off, besides Darry. It's April now and I guess twister season is almost finished. We had a drill at school, we go to some huge basement and wait until the radio says its ok, its gets loud in there, but its a bunch of high school kids. I've never new what to do during a twister, I'm used of blizzards and being inside for a few days from snow. Once, i got stuck at a bar with my friends and we were the only ones there because It was a Wednesday and nobody went there on Wednesdays.

It's Monday and I'm doing homework outside with Ponyboy and Johnny was tagging along. Two-Bit was doing who knows what with Soda Steve and Dally inside.

"Hey what you get for 18" I asked
"He left because of neighbors" Ponyboy responded

His voice cracked. I smiled a bit and Johnny was laughing a little too. Ponyboy just gave us glares. It was funny, he's never able to give death glares, they turn to sexy looking smolders. I start blushing a bit then Johnny smacked me on the head.

"What was that for" I said playfully and smack him on the head
"Oh you know" he says and smacks me on the side of the head "know about what" said and smacked him on the head. He was gonna smack me on the head again but I just ran off. Johnny chased after me and tried to get me back. Johnny was chasing me around like if we were 11 or 12, I was hiding behind the gang and then we circled around Ponyboy for a bit then, then is something just flipped. Johnny found the hose and got me soaked. My hair drenched, my shirt sticking to my bare skin and my faded ripped jeans got tight.

"Johnny, no" I practically squealed that out. I as always wearing a white shirt, but being a girl with no common sense at times wore a bright red bra. Steve started yelling out something.

"Its red, its freaking red" he yelled over and over.

I looked at both Johnny and Steve and gave them that look saying to run.

"Go go go" Steve yells. Him and Johnny run with me chasing after them down the street. My shirt wasn't dried off because when we came back to DX D all thought it be funny to get me even more wet, so he and Soda dump a giant bucket of water on my head and Ponyboy and Two-Bit spraying me with the two hoses. It was a slow day at DX luckily because we would've been screwed. Let's just say we ended the day with tears with laughter, soaking wet (and with Steve, Soda and Dally with thier shirts off) and running around the streets and me and Pony watched the sunset and more running and getting wet. Then Darry who surprisingly joined in.