day 56: pines

We came to pines in about 10 minutes. And just to my luck, Sheppard's gang was here. I didn't think they'd be here. I geuss Steve noticed somthing was up.

"Something wrong"he asked
"Uh... n-no nothing's wrong" I studdered out
"If you say so"

We walked in and in an instant Sheppard calls out my name.

"Hey Mathews, how's it goin" he came rushing over as if I were dying
"Nothing much" I said
"I'm sorry but did I miss somthing here" Steve said
"Oh what you didn't hear, it's been talk of the town" Sheppard was saying while littingup a cancer stick
"Nope"
"Kate said yes, she's in my gang now" Tim said

Steve's Pov

Why the fuck would she say yes. I bet some guy from school talked her into it. Does she not like hanging out with us, I get that we were trying to make her get along with broads and just for her to make some friends. But Tim's gang, out of all the gangs in Tulsa, his.

Kate's Pov

I was staring at the ground when Tim was talking. Steve looked like I got confused, almost like he couldn't process it.

Steve and Tim were still talking when I wandered off. I saw Tyrone and all them so I want over there.

"Didn't think of see you here" Tyrone said as he put his arm around me.
"Yeah same" I said back. I slipped my hand in one of his belt loops.

He still acts like we're a couple even though were not. Everyone kind of made there way into a diffrent circle after a while. Until it was just me and Tyrone left. We leaned up against one of the cars. A fight broke out infront of us. It was in the middle of the fight I realized Steve was in it.

"Hey isn't that Steve" Tyrone asked
"Yeah I think so" I said back.
"Want me to go in there" Tyrone asked me
"Yeah, just don't get too knocked up will ya" i told him.

Tyrone ran in and backed up Steve for a bit. Once the other guys pulled out their blades they flaked out. Both of them came torwards me. They weren't to jacked up, but enough to know there bruised.

"You two ok" I asked them
"Yeah" Tyrone said
"Sure" Steve said

There was silence until Steve said what shouldn't have been said

"Hey aren't you the guy that cheated on her" Steve said and started getting all protective and shit
"Steve shut your trap will ya" i mummbled
"Why what's wrong with it we both got over it anyways" Tyrone said with anger in his tone
"It's not important anyways" I spoke up
"What do you mean not important!?!?! You were mopping around for 4 days straight" Steve said getting ready for a fight
"I would've played him anyways probably" I said
"How am I not suprised" Tyrone roles his eyes and chuckled
"Wait so you don't care that he played you" Steve questioned
"Nope" I said popping the "p" at the end.

We just stood there awkwardly. Nothing happened. Thank the Lord that Sheppard came by and got rid of the tension.

"Hey kate help a guy out and beat the shit out of him with that Jacob kid over there" Tim said running in.
"Yeah sure" I said as soon as he dragged me over there.

I put my hair in a low ponytail so that it wouldn't get in my face. The guy was about Steve's height and was a little more built than him. Jacob was about Soda's height and was built like Steve.

I kept telling myself no cheap moves, cheap moves are for the useless, and the useless don't do good.

I got pushed up to the front and then shubbed splat in the middle

"Why'd a dumb broad get pushed up here" the other guy asked
"That's Mathews you moroan" some guy said from the crowd

The guy smirked at me and I cocked an eyebrow. The other guy mummbled something. I'm gonna call this other guy mr.doofus. Mr. Doofus aimed towards me. I kicked his knee cap and sent his leg into a lock but yet he still punched me on the shoulder. After the punch, when he retracted his arm I grabbed it while Jacob gave a hit to him in the face. I let go  and he stumbled backwards. Mr.Doofus now has a bloody nose. The fight went on a bit longer and I came out limping and with a busted lip. Steve and I went to the Curtis house after that and everybody was speechless when I ask me into the house.