the visit

I fell asleep in the car. We got there and sat around in the waiting room for a while. Two-Bit comes back from the front desk.

"Its going to be about a 1/2 hour to 45 minute wait " he says and hands me an ice pack.

"Hey a see if you can tell boss that we'll be late for work Steve" soda says and hands him a nickel.

Steve walks over to the payphone and spins the number thing. He comes back and goes back to his seat.

"he said that we couldn't come late" Steve says
"Alright then, see you guys later" Soda said.

Soda and Steve walk out the door and into the car. I'm like dying for the next hour or so until my name gets called. I get up and then Two-Bit. All of the others stay in the waiting room. I follow the doctor into the room. First get weighed, then my temperature, blood pressure and some other thing. Then I go into another room where I have to sit for another hour with Two-Bit trying to pick up a girl near the vending machines. I tell him to grab me a pop but of course he brings me a bag of chips. I ask him again and he brings it to me. A ice cold can of coke. I use it as an ice pack, it helped a lot.

"You could've had asked me to go get you an ice pack" Two-Bit says
"Smart ass" I said under m breath.

That's when Ponyboy and Johnny come running in.

"Dal, pissed off right now" Johnny says as he catches his breath.
"Like he could explode right now" ponyboy added and goes lean up against the wall.

About two seconds later I hear dal stomping in with his big shoes for his big feet and puffing on a cancer stick.

"You say that again I'm gonna kill you" he threatened.
"Yeah yeah yeah" Johnny said
"Say gain I dare you say it again" Dally says and reaches into his back pocket to grab his comb.

Ponyboy and Johnny just looked me because it was about me. I have them the ok sign and finally Ponyboy works up the nerve to say it.

"Dal cares about you and loves in a brotherly way" pony says
"Oh, uh ok then," I say and kinda studders a bit
"Get out the room I wanna talk to her" Dal says and in a demanding way

Everybody clears out the room and the door gets closed half way. Dally sits next to me on the bed (that one bed thing that has the paper on it and is in the doctors office, not one of those hospital beds)

"Sooo, what you said was true" I asked
"Maybe I guess, I don't know"
"It's cool if you do, I wouldn't mind having another older brother"
"And I wouldn't mind having a little sister either"

I leaned my head on his shoulder and Dally plays with my hair for a bit. Later they all came back in. Everyone was talking and cracking jokes while I take a look at my bruises and scratches in the mirror. The doctor came in and took a look at my arm and the scratches I got. The doctor said to go get an x-ray. That's what happened and less than 5 minutes that said it was broken and dislocated. I got a navy blue cast. The cast felt weird, almost like a sock with a nail file on top. I got some medicine for the pain and waited for another hour for Two-Bit to do more paper work and to call uncle Stewart about what happened.

"What do you mean she broke her arm" I hear over the other line when Two-Bit is talking.
"I don't know, at the dance she accidentally tripped a Socs and they beat her up."
"Keith I told you to watch her" says my uncle
"She was at the Dingo with a few friends from school and I old her to be back in an hour"
"All 3of us will have a talk at dinner, see you at 6"

My uncle hung up and left Two-Bit hanging there. It was 4:00 when he got off the line.

"Come on, let's go Kate, he's seems pissed off about what happened" Two-Bit says
"See you guys around" I say and walk out the door with Two-Bit.