day 55:the scar and screams

The screams sounded like Johnny I jumped off of Soda and we both ran till we found Johnny. Left on the curb abandoned, all beat up. The sight just made me cry, he was shaking and in tears and rocking back and forth slowly. There was blood dripping from his nose and his lip, there were bruises and cuts everywhere visible. He was sitting there crying, tears and sweat covered his face. The thing that stood out the most was this nasty looking cut that was under his eye, check to temple bone on his right side of his face. That's gonna leave a scar. Me and Soda sat next to Johnny. A tear or two had already slid down my face while Soda was barely keeping it together. I just sat there next to Johnny we weren't saying anything, just the sniffles were enough.

"Johnny who did this" Soda asked
"Some guy with a bunch of rings with about 4 others, Socs" Johnny said with a shakey breathy voice that cracked here and there.

"Let's get you inside"Soda said

We helped Johnny up and walked over to the house. We got there and Johnny sat on the couch with fear and unsteadyness in his eyes. Soda and i kept looking at each other with worry and concern.

"I'm gonna call Darry to let him know, you wanna go to the jail house to let Dally know" Soda asks
"Yeah, see you in about an hour" I said and walked out the door. I had a blade on me so I think I'll be ok, plus with the reputation I have around here now. Dally was right, word gets around fast in this town. I get to the jail house in about 15 minutes. I ask to talk to Dally and they told me to go in some room. The room was filled with tables and chairs. They're were some people in there talking to some jail guy or something. I sat down in one of the chairs. Then Dally was brought out. He had an orange jumpsuit without cuffs on his hands but has a probation anklet thing.

"Why'd you come" are the first words out of his mouth
"Johnny got jumped,and it was pretty bad" I say quietly

Dally put his head in his hands.
"I'm gonna kill the guy who did this, who did this" he said
"Socs, one of them had a bunch of rings"

He exhaled. I gave him a cancer stick with a lighter too, it looked like he needed it.

"Thanks kid" he said
"Yeah" I said

Dally smirked.

"What" I asked curiously
"You like him, don't you" he asked suspiciously
"Well yeah, I do like him"
"No but, like like him"
"N-no" I stuttered out
"You sure" he asked
"I don't think about it so...."
"So... that means" he says trying to keep the conversation going
"I don't like him in that way" I said plainly and honestly

I actually did have to think about it for a bit. I don't think about that kind of stuff that much I geuss.

"Well then, is there anyone elese in mind" he asked getting all suspicious and
"You ask some weird questions, how come" I asked
"And your dodging my question"
"Oh yeah, um.... Jay isn't that bad same with Alvin, but yet Danny has really nice hair with a stale personality, oh and then there's Nicholas, it's hard to beleive he doesn't smile or drink. "
" jesus christ, why'd you" he said just putting his hands in his head
"You asked"

There was silence. It got a bit awkard.

"Hey ah thanks for telling about Johnny" he says
"Yeah sure, I geuss I should get going or something" I said getting up from my chair.
"Um... yeah. You planning on coming back" he asked
"Yeah" I said back asurringly
"See you then"

We both walked away in oposire directions. I went on the bus to get to town and from there I'll walk home.

I got back to the Curtis house where everyone was. It was quiet, the t.v. wasn't on, the cake was left untouch in the table and there were full beer bottles with the lids popped off on the coffee table. I thought it was odd, that it was so quiet. I checked the time, it was 10:20 or 10:30. I'm not to sure if I'm crashing here or what.

The phone rang, I picked it up.

"Hello" I said
"Hey, it's Steve. Is anyone eles at the house" he asked
"No, I don't think so. why?" I said questionably
"I don't know, just felt like seein' someone" he said
"Ok then. So does that mean you'll be here in like 2 minutes" I asked
"Yeah, see ya"

He hung up the phone.

I was shooken up about Johnny, I sat there in silence and only the noise of the t.v. keeps me from thinking about how no one is here. Steve walks through the door. He sits next to me on the couch.

"Sucks to hear what happened to Johnny huh" he says trying to make conversation
"Yeah"

There was silence.

"Wanna crash at my place tonight" he asks
"Yeah sure, if you don't mind" I say with hesitation.

We get up and walk over to his place, which is only 3 houses down.
He gives me an old shirt to change into.

"Keep it" he says
"You sure" I ask
"Yeah"
"Thanks"

I change into the shirt in the bathroom and fall asleep in Steve's room. The only thoughts in my head was Johnny getting beat up by those Socs. Only the screams and his scar were left stuck in my mind.