day 56

I woke up. I forgot I fell asleep at Steve's house. I woke up to Steve and his mom yelling it talking really loudly. I'm not to sure what they were saying. I wasn't to sure if I should get out of the room or what. I got out of my room when I heard the yelling go away and hearing a door close. I walked out of the hallway seeing Steve playing a card game. They didn't have a tv. I sat in the chair next to him.

"You sleep ok" he asked
"Yeah, thanks" I say
"Anytime doll face"

It made me smile when he called me "doll face"  it always does.

"Oh and your doofus of a cousin called late last night, I think your in for it when you see him."
"Ughhh, I don't wanna see him today though"I whinned
"then we can go do something then"
"Like what"
"I have to work today, but you can stick around then we can do stuff after"
"Ok then"

The clock read 7:30. Steve started getting ready for work as I went in the kitchen to get breakfast. They had nothing good, so I grabbed an Apple from the bowl on the kitchen table. I took a bite of the Apple and plopped myself on the couch. A bit later Steve came out with only a pair of jeans on, I never realised that he was ripped until now. Then he tossed me an old tank top he had.

"Here, wear this" he said

I went into the bathroom and changed into it. It was tight, but not to tight. I could tell it was an old one that he out grew because it smelled like wood, which means its been in his dresser for a while. I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a French braid while I was in there. I thought I looked alright when I took a glance in the mirror.

I came out and see Steve waiting on the couch for me.

"Wait, I need to grab something" he said and ran off into his room.
"Okay then" I said questionably

He came running out with an old Jean jacket. I wore it, then we left the house. We walked to the Curtis house, and from there left to DX with Soda and Darry, Darry is driving us.

Darry dropped us off and left. We got out of the car and that's when they started talking. I stuck out of it. Nothing really want on for the next hour or two.

"Hey um, I'm gonna head out for a bit" I told them "I'll be back"

"Be back by 4" I heard Soda yell

I walked out with a blade in my back Jean pocket and 7 bucks I took from the register. I went into town, I'm not to sure what I was going to do. Maybe I'll catch up with some guys from school or something, I don't know. I walked around looking in shops and taking a few things like rings, braclets,hair ties and other little things. I bumped into Shepard in town. I geuss I should answer him about joining his gang and shit.

"Mathews, haven't seen you around lately." He said
"Yeah same here" I said
"So about my offer I brought up maybe a month ago" he said trailing off at the end
"Yeah, um.... I'll do it"

He smiled

"Meet me at pines around 7 tomorrow" he said
"Yeah, see you then" I said
"Same here Mathews"

We both walked away with that thought in our minds.