football in the lot

-Day 30-

"Numbers blah blah blah and hike" I hear Steve yell and the ball gets handed off to Dally who throws it to pony. Pony gets tackled on the ground soda. Down three I think and the same thing happens again. Down 4 ball switches to Johnny Darry and Soda. Soda hikes the ball to Johnny, Johnny throughs the ball to Darry who runs across the field with pony gaining up on him and knocks him to the ground.

"Hey guys what's goin on" Two-Bit says

"Hey Kate hey two" about one or two of them say

"Hey guys" I say

I go sit on a tree stump and chew on gum. I really wanted a smoke but I couldn't figure out how to light and hold the cigarette with only one hand. Gum will have to do. I sat and watched the game while two was being ref. It was boring.

"Hey two take my spot" Dally yells while he runs of the field. Two runs in and takes Dal's spot.

"You wanna get a coke or something" asks Dally
"Uh yeah sure let's go," starring off into the distance seeing red stinger down the street " let's just wait a bit"

I recognized that stinger, it was the car I got slammed into at the Dingo.

"I'm gonna get whoever did that to your arm" Dally says under his breath

"Yeah sure whatever" I say still waiting for that car to come by.

"Come on let'go already" he says

"I wanna see what them Socs want"

The little red stinger pulls up. It's the red head from the movie the other night, it's the car I slammed into, it was the girl that pushed me down. Cherry.

"Socs, what Socs?" He asks

She pulls up and walks out of the little car of hers.

"Hey ponyboy" she says and blushes a bit.
"Oh hey cherry" Ponyboy says

They were trying to make small talk and I just rolled my eyes. I knew she came to pull another move on me and see the destruction she and friends done.

I take out my blade and whisper to Dally
"That's the girl who shoved me into the car"

Dally shook his head giving me that signal that we were going to jump her later. I gave the same signal and tilt my head so that we can go jump her. We walk over to where pony and her are talking. Dal and I take out blade and start with them.

"Hey want happened to your arm?" Cherry asks me
"I broke it when I got jumped by some juniors from school" I say
"Oh sorry to hear about that" cherry said
"Sure you are" I say rolling my eyes and blow a bubble from my gum.
"Anyways I got to be going, I was in the area and stopped by" she says
"What's a girl like you on our side of town anyways, drugs" Steve says joking with Soda and Two-Bit
"Yeah sure see you guys at school, bye Ponyboy"
"See you around Cherry" says Pone

Dal throws a rock at her car. She turns around and Two-Bit was laughing so hard from the look on Cherry's face. her face was kind of funny looking. She parks again and walks over to where we were laughing except for Darry and decided to scram.

"Who threw that at my car" cherry asked with anger in each word.
"Look I was throwing it at crippled over here so we could get going and missed the shot" Dal told her
I rolled my eyes and stepped on his foot real hard. Dally gave me a disgusted face and I gave it back. I was not in the mood to be offended.

"How about I drive you over to the Dingo so we can go get a coke and talk this over" Dally said to cherry and put his arm around her and to a blow from his cancer stick.
"Go to hell" cherry said and stormed off kicking up dirt with fancy rich shoes.
"Hey let's get back to the game" Johnny says. He takes the ball out of Soda's hands and runs. Everyone chases him to get the ball, except for me. Stupid cast, can't do anything with it on. Socs, pain in the ass.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Hey everyone, sorry if you thought that one was kinda stale. But if you have any ideas just comment if you want, I'm at that writers block phase so all of these might seem like that Dramma twist no one likes in those tv shows.

-kate