My Last Day With You

Chapter 17: My Last Day With You

I always promised I've have your back, but can you love me despite the cracks? Can you love me despite the cracks, oh pleasure this pain... Sometimes it burns, Sometimes it hurts, pleasure this pain. Say bye to you.... To you... - Kwamie Liv 

(Riley's POV)

I walked into the police station holding the letter I am amusing Jaceyln sent to me. I walked to the front desk and asked the older woman "Can I speak to detective Lindsey please?"  The woman nodded as she noticed me from the news stories that had been playing about the shooting. The shooting had nation wide coverage and people mourn the losses of my father and Caspian's mother. She gestured for me to follow her so I did, I walked into Detective Lindsey's office and she was typing away on her computer. The woman closed the door and I said "Detective." Lindsey's eyes finally looked up to meet mine and she greeted me "Hello Riley, to what do I owe this pleasure?" I looked down at the letter and walked over to a chair and sat down. I handed her the letter and said "I got this last night, it was waiting for me outside of my door. I think Jaceyln is back in town and planning." 

Lindsey's eyes widen in shock and opened the letter to read it. She finished reading the content of the letter and let out a deep sigh. Her brows furrowed and said "Well... We know she's back and she wants to come after you again. We can use this to draw her out, you could help us bring her to justice!" I scrunched my face and shook my head no before I said "No." Lindsey turned her head to meet my gaze and said "Excuse me? Am I missing something here?" I looked out of the window and said "I can't help you, I am sorry but I can't. I struggle with PTSD and I don't think it's smart to open up this case and plus I have a boyfriend and he was affected by the shooting. He lost his mother and right now he needs to be my focus not the reason why he is motherless." Lindsey nodded like she understood and simply said "Thank you for the lead, we will be in contact. I respect your decision." 

I gave her a polite smile and left the room, honestly I would love nothing more than to bring that crazy girl to justice but right now I had too many things on my plate. I had shut Caspian out for too long and now it was my time to focus on myself and try to manage my episodes. I walked out of the station and got a call from Jasmine. I looked down at the phone and answered it "Hey girl" I heard Jasmine in tears and she mumbled "Meet me at home, we need to talk." I grew more concerned hearing her talk, my stomach dropped and I said "Okay, I am on my way." I got in my car and drove back home to see who hurt my family, because whoever did I would kick their butt!

I walked in the door and found Jasmine laying on the couch covered in blankets, which tears falling down her eyes. I rushed over to her and sat down on the couch and put her legs on my lap and asked "What happened Jas?" Jasmine could barley look at me and attempted to speak "O.... Ow.... Owen... He found me and came to talk to me." My body tensed and my fist balled up, I looked over at her and she was now sitting up looking straight at me and down at my hands. She placed her hand on my fist and calmly said "No Riley. He didn't hurt me, he um. He actually apologized to me, he told me he was been in therapy and he is on medicine to keep him calm. He wants a second chance, not to be with me but to be in my life." I rolled my eyes and asked "And your considering giving him that?" She wiped her tears from her face and said "I am... I am not going to lie there was a time when we were happy and he was normal and he seems like that Owen again. Everyone deserves second chances right?" 

My jaw clinched tightly and I said "He hurt you and me... How can you so easily be okay with him finding you?" She gave me a soft smile and said "Because I saw him, and I know he is different and he deserves redemption. I am not saying I am letting him back in my life completely but I don't see why we can't at least be civil." I rubbed my temples vigorously and said "I don't think this is smart but this is your life and your choice. Just keep your guard up Jasmine.. I don't trust him and I don't think you should either." She nodded her head slowly showing me that she understood and I walked inside my bedroom and asked "Where is Caspian? Shouldn't he be home by now?" Jasmine shrugged her shoulders and said "I have no clue but I am going to get some food." I nodded at her and said "Okay I think I am going to stop by his office and talk to him about today."