Callus (Updated Version)

Chapter 3: Callus (Updated Version)

Hey guys just letting you know I updated this chapter because I felt it needed a little something something so enjoy!

(Caspian's POV)

Why did I kiss her? Why did she let me? Ew, ive known her since we were 4 that's just gross. I watched her grow up, I watched her grow boobs and deal with puberty and now I am making out with her? Riley of all people! I sat on the couch confused as ever and a little grossed out. I heard my phone ring and I answered it. "Hey it's Jaceyln." I tried to remember who Jaceyln was, then it hit me. I said in shock "Oh Jaceyln the bartender at Juices?" She laughed and said "yes you must hang around a lot of girls if you don't remember me. I tend to make a lasting impression on people but anyways I called because I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out after my shift tonight?" I smirk came on my face now that I remembered what she looked like, I hesitated for second while I was staring at a picture of Riley and I on the table. I looked away from the picture and said "Sure, I'll be at Juices around 9." She said "Okay great can't wait to see you." She hung the phone up, and I ran to my room to clean up the mess Riley and I made.

9 pm Juices

I pulled up at the nightclub Juices and saw a huge crowd of people waiting to get in. I wasn't to worried about the line because I didn't have to wait, Jaceyln told the guard I was coming so I had a free pass for the night. I walked past everyone in the line and straight to the bouncer. He looked at me and said "Name?" I looked up at the tall heavyset man and said "Caspian I'm here to see Jaceyln." He nodded his head in approval and let me in the entrance. When I got inside it was crowed with people, the DJ was showing off to a crowd of girls as usual and Jaceyln was showing off to a crowd of drunk boys. I walked over to the bar area where she was making drinks and saw her talking to one of her customers. The guy slurred his words and said "I would like to take you home and we could have a good time." Jaceyln laughed at the pathetic guy and said "Sorry someone else is taking me home tonight." She shot a seductive look at me and walked over to the section of the bar I was sitting at. She was wearing a tight black tank top and booty shorts, her hair was flaming red and she had sharp green eyes. She leaned over the glass table and said "Hey handsome, my shift is almost over. Give me five more minutes then we can leave."

I looked over to see Jaceyln clocking out and another girl replacing her, she walked over to me and said "Hey give me a few minutes, I wanna change into something comfortable." I nodded and patiently waited for her to return and when she did my jaw dropped at the sight of her. She had on less revealing clothes and she looked so beautiful, she wiped all the make up she had on. She had on a cardigan and a tight blue dress that hugged her curves in all the right places. She watched me observe her and she finally broke the silence and said "Disappointed?" I laughed awkwardly to avoid answering the question but I did "No... uh not at all." She flashed a bright smile and said "Glad to hear it, I only dress like I have no sense of style at work. The boss man wants us to look good so guys keep drinking." I smiled and escorted her out of the building and into my car. I opened the car door for her and she said "Oh wow such a gentleman, they are hard to find these days." When she said that my mind flash blacked to when Riley said the same exact thing to me months ago. Jaceyln noticed me dazed and confused so she hit my firm chest and said "Where did you go? Am I that boring?" I snapped out of it and said "No you just remind me of someone."

We drove to my place, while I was driving she told me all about her horror stories working at Juices. We finally got to my apartment complex and walked into my neat apartment. I am not going to lie it hasn't seen it's cleanest days this past year, I was in a rut from canceling my wedding and I just lost all motivation to do anything. But now that I am back in the game, things changed and I have fun now.

I walked past Riley's apartment to get to mine and for a second I wanted to see her, we left things kind of awkward and she was my best friend but she wasn't my priority anymore. Jaceyln was and I saw myself having a bright future with this crazy bartender...