Where Were You When I Needed You

Chapter 38: Where Were You When I Needed You? 

3 days before the wedding 

(Jaceyln's POV) 

I walked around in the dress before returning back into the room, I looked at myself in the mirror and a huge smile came on my face. I am marrying the man of my dreams, he was rich, successful, loving and compassionate and he was going to be the father of my child. I laughed in the mirror and said "I can't believe I got away with this." I heard a sharp deep voice question "Got away with what?" My eyes widened and I turned around to see Caspian's father standing over me, I looked up at his tall frame and brushed it off "Oh I meant getting away with wearing this dress looking as fat as I do." He raised his brow and asked "So you must be excited I mean your going to be a wife and a mother pretty soon. When is the little one due?" I smiled and grabbed my belly before answering "In six months." He squinted at me and sharply said "How is that? When you told my son you were pregnant your due date would be in less than four months away." I gulped and firmly asked "What are you implying? Haven't you heard about pregnant brain you forget details." He laughed and said "Who said I was implying anything? Does pregnant brain make you paranoid as well?" I gasped and he walked away in a suspicious fashion, I needed a plan B just in case the wedding day didn't go as I planned it.

(Riley's POV) 

Jasmine shook her head in disbelief and said "It makes no sense why would she come back and randomly save you then leave again?" I sighed and said "I don't know she probably was just playing tricks with me again." Jasmine scrunched the side of her face and said "Maybe you were hallucinating, I mean you were drowning maybe you were just hoping that one day she would come back and save you? Like a guardian angel?" I rolled my eyes and said "I don't need to be saved, not by her." Jasmine looked at me and said "You need a date for the wedding and you need a dress, it's in three days." I looked at her and said "I am aware of all those things, I'll be right back." I walked out of the apartment and knocked on Hayden's door.

He answered and said "Riley?" I smiled and said "Look I know I really disconnected from you the past three weeks and I know it's not fair to you. Honestly I am just in a place right now where I need to just calm it down, I rushed into a relationship with you and that wasn't fair to myself or to you. I need to come to terms with a lot of things and make sure I am okay before I move on to the next relationship. I hope you can understand that and I hope we could still be friends because you are one of my best friends." Hayden hugged me and said "Riley I told you I would wait for you, and I mean't it but as for now you still are my best friend. Everyone needs to time to take a break I understand that, right now you have a lot going on and I don't want to be added to that stress. So if friends is what you need that's what we will be." I smiled and hugged him again and said "Thanks for understanding and speaking of friendship how do you feel about being my date for the wedding? I need the moral support and I need someone to go so I don't look bitter." Hayden laughed and said "Of course I will be your date Riley, we can ride together." 

I nodded my head and said "Jasmine is going to come with us too, she couldn't find a date for the wedding but I am starting to think she likes someone. She keeps having these secret late night conversations with someone on the phone and when I walk in the room she immediately hangs up. So suspicious." Hayden laughed and said "We will press her at the wedding and get her to tell us." I nodded my head and said "Okay bye Hayden." He smiled and said "Bye Riley." 

(Jasmine's POV) 

"I can't keep meeting you like this Allan, Riley is starting to get suspicious she thinks I am secretly going out with someone." I said to him, he smiled and asked "Why would she think that?" I rolled my eyes and yelled "Well I don't know maybe it's the late night calls? The secret meetings? I don't know that stuff tends to make people question things Allan." He smirked at me and in his sexy accent said "You are a fire ball Jasmine. Let her think what she wants, you should be out dating. You are a beautiful girl, you could have almost any guy you want." I blushed a little and snapped out of his charm and said "Well I don't because almost of guys are the same, I don't want some lifeless relationship like you and your wife no offense. I want passion, I want to be connected and I want someone who is serious. I don't just want him to only want me for how I look, I want him to see me for me." Allan looked at me with an intense stare and asked "So you want a man?" I matched his gaze and said "Yes, I am 27 and I am tired of dating boys. I want..." Before I could finish my sentence he kissed me, and I kissed him back. He grabbed my hips and pulled me closer into him taking my breath away, his kiss was so soft and intense I almost forgot about where we were. 

Remember we were standing right outside of my work I pulled away from him, I touched my lips and my heart was beating out of my chest. I caught my breath and said "I have... I have to go. No more late night calls." I rushed back inside the building trying to recover from that extremely hot kiss, Caspian's dad was an extremely attractive man and he wasn't old. He was tall and had a head full of hair DYED black and silver, he had piercing blue eyes and a olive skin that didn't have one wrinkle on him. I think he tried to make himself appear older to match his wife since she didn't age as slow as he did. Anyways besides the point, him kissing me took me by surprise but that could never happen again. He was my cousins love of her life father. Which crossed too many lines for me.

(Caspian's POV) 

I looked at my brothers who were patiently waiting for an answer, I sighed and said "No I don't want a bachelors party." They sighed in unison and said "Lame we don't care we are going to throw you a party." I rolled my eyes and Nadia said "Listen bro I got your back I will make sure, they don't go over the top." I laughed and said "Whatever, this is for you guys not me. There is nothing to celebrate." I walked back into my room and moped around, I stayed up all night drinking wine and watching movies with my sister. She has really been supporting me through everything, she knows it's not what I want to do but what I have to do. My daughter deserves a family whether or not its with the person I wanted to have with it. 

---

 I woke up groggy from last night, I checked the time on the clock and it said "1:03" I jumped up from the bed and walked into Nadia's room and saw her and Alex talking. I leaned on the doorway and said "You let me sleep the whole day away?" Nadia smiled and said "You looked too cute all relaxed and sleeping." I laughed and said "That's because I was drunk." They laughed and I asked Alex "Uhm.. How is Riley?" Alex raised her eyebrow at me and said "She's recovering, she's I don't know. Something is going on with her, apparently she got drunk and fell into the lake and almost drowned. Then she claimed that our mom who we haven't seen in years saved her." My eyes widen and said "Is she okay?" She bit her lip and said "yeah she's fine, she's just angry I guess about seeing her mom." 

I looked down at my phone and considered calling her but I didn't want to add more stress on her plate. I walked out of the room and into the hallway and Nadia said "Don't forget your party is tonight." 

--- 

I walked down stairs to a crowd of people dancing around with drinks in there hands. I surfed through the crowd to find Nadia, she was dancing with Alex. Nadia turned to me and yelled "Hey brother you finally showed up to your party." I laughed and said "Do I even know any of these people?" Nadia laughed and said "Mostly it's the twins friends but some of your coworkers are here too." I nodded my head and Alex yelled "OOh I am going to go dance with the go go dancers!" I shook my head and Nadia said "Loosening up, relax have fun. Get a drink." I relaxed my shoulders and walked over to the bar area. I looked at the pretty bartender and said "Straight shot of Tequila please." She looked at me up and down and said "You must be the groom." I smiled and said "Is it that obvious." She nodded her head and someone hugged me from behind.

I turned around to see Fiona all dressed up, she smiled and hugged me and I asked "What are you doing here?" She laughed and said "I am here to have fun. I take it you aren't though?" She sat down next to me and grabbed the shot glasses, I took my shot and she took hers. She grabbed another one and we went for a second round. She looked at me and said "So why aren't you enjoying your last day being single." I looked down at the empty shot glass and said "Because I know I am walking down the aisle with the wrong girl." She took another shot and blankly said "Riley." I nodded my head yes and she contained "You know even when we were together I always thought you two were secretly together behind my back." I laughed and said "What I loved you?" She smiled and said "But you loved her more." I looked confused for a second and she said "What's meant to be no one can stop, not even a wedding." I licked my lips and said "She knows how I feel, I fought for her." She shook her head in disapproval and said "Fight harder." She walked away and went to go dance out on the floor. 

Soon after she left to dance Nadia came over, she sat down next to me and said "Having fun yet?" I shook my head no and said "I tried sis." She smiled and said "I have a surprise for you. Go upstairs." I raised my eyebrow up at her and curiously waked upstairs. I opened my door and found Riley standing in the middle of my room.  I looked shocked and I quietly said "Riley your here." She smiled and slowly walked over to me and said "I am always here."