Somebody's Watching Me

Chapter 13: Somebody's Watching Me

One Week Later 

(Riley's POV)

I sat down on the couch after looking out of my new best friend, the infamous window. My therapist smiled at me showing her smile lines and asked "How was Barcelona and how are now that you have been back a week?" I let out a deep depressing sigh and ranted "Barcelona was the best week of my life, I mean I opened up to Caspian and we patched up our relationship. He moved back in right after we got back home, but I still haven't seen much of him. He has been dealing with the company a lot and oh my best friend just so happen to forget to tell me that his ex-fiance is now working for him as his assistant. I also can't help but feel like someone is watching me everywhere I go and I turn around to see nothing there... When I tell people I feel like someone is following me or watching me from a far they think I am even more crazier than I already am." Before I continue she interrupted "Okay Riley breathe... Let's start little by little, tell me about this feeling of someone watching you." 

I closed my eyes, nodded at her and said "Every time I am alone I feel like someone is following me, for  instance I was going to visit Hayden in the hospital and I saw a black car with tinted windows following my every move, until I stopped abruptly and then the car sped away. Or when I am walking I can see a shadow that isn't mine behind me, but it's like I am the only one's who see's it." My therapist hummed and said "Are you sure this reality? Do you think it could be your subconscious or maybe an episode? When you had your first episode you did imagine things. I am starting to think Hayden can be a possible trigger too." I groaned and said "So basically everyone I love triggers me to go insane? First Caspian and now Hayden? What the hell am I suppose to do?" 

She reached out for my hand and said "Live you life, but with caution I think for a while you should stop visiting Hayden. I also suggest you don't stress yourself out about this Fiona thing, from what I hear it sounds like you and Caspian are destined to be together one way or another."  I got up from the couch smiled at her and said before leaving "Thanks Doc, these sessions are really helping and i'll try to just take it easy for a while.Try to be as normal as I can be." 

I walked out of the building and to my car, I let out a deep breath and said to myself "You have a good man in your life, you still have some family and you're breathing...  Don't ruin your own happiness with illusions." 

(Fiona's POV) 

I walked in the office with a confident stride and said to him "Let's go get lunch." He turned his chair around to look at me and a smile plastered all over my face. He laughed and said "Okay just let me call Riley she should be out of her appointment by now."  I nodded simply wanted to roll my eyes but I hide my emotion quickly. He called her and she picked up, and he said "Hey baby girl, I just wanted to check in on you." She responded with whatever she said I couldn't hear her on the other end of the phone, but he said "Okay good, well Fiona and I are going to have lunch at Pierre's. I will call you after we are finished. Love you." He hung up the one and looked up at me and asked "Are you ready to go?" I smiled at him walking closer to him and said "How did you know I wanted to go to Pierre's?" He got up from his seat and whispered in my ear "Because I know you and exactly what you like." 

Just the feeling of him close to me made my stomach churn in butterflies, I bit my lip and said "Good thing you do, because that's exactly what I was craving." Trying to control myself I walked away from him and motioned for him to follow behind me, we walked out of his office and by the elevators. Surprisingly Jasmine came out of the elevators, she greeted Caspian and I with smiles and asked "Where are you guys going?" I smiled back at her and said "Pierre's Cafe, do you want to join us?" 

I prayed she would decline my offer, I genuinely like Jasmine I could see myself being close with her but for my sake I had to make it look like I was open to having people around so she couldn't run back and tell Riley something. Jasmine smiled at me and said "No thanks I just got back from lunch actually, but hey bring me back a chocolate chip muffin please." I nodded my head and said "Sure thing girl." I walked into the elevator with Caspian and adjusted my tight red dress, drawing attention to how I looked. He glanced over at me quickly, so fast I almost did see him. A smirk came to my lips knowing I had successfully caught his attention, I mean my body was one of my best assets. I am Puerto Rican and I have the full plump lips, the fat butt,  big breast, and an even better flat stomach. Today my outfit pointed out all of that, I was wearing a tight off the shoulder's red bondage dress that hugged all my curves. My hair was jet black and body waved, I had on black and red sunglasses hiding my light brown eyes. 

The elevator doors opened and he gestured for me to go first and I did, I made sure to sway my hips right in front of him. We got inside of his car and headed to Pierre's, I turned some music on and played "Blurred lines." I started to sing lightly then I got loud and sang "I know you want it. I know you want it." Caspian would occasionally glance over at me with a playful smirk, I noticed everything. I noticed all of his non verbals, I was like a predator stalking my prey and he was it. No I wasn't just trying to sexually attract him, I loved Caspian and I never stopped, he just never gave me a chance to tell him the truth and by the time I was ready to win him over again he had moved to California. Right now was my chance, Jaceyln was God knows where and Riley was still kind of crazy so I could be the stable woman in his life. The position was open for grabs and I wasn't going to miss out on this opportunity again. I learned my lesson, I let go of the wrong man four years ago and I wasn't going to let him slip away without a fight this time and as of right now it looked like I was winning. 

We walked into the little cute cafe and sat down by the window, whenever we went on dates we would request the window seat so we could people watch. He pulled my seat out for me and said "I asked for the window seat." I smiled brightly at him and said "Our little spot, since we were 19." He smiled at the memories that happened at this table, and said "You know this is the table I proposed." I looked down at the very spot he got on his knees and pointed too it, and said "I remember, you can't erase history." He looked down at the spot and said "I  guess you can't, who would have guessed we would be back in each others lives again." I placed my hand gently on his and said staring him straight int he eyes "I am happy we are. Life without was empty, I missed your bright smile and how amazing you are with people and you can see it with how you run your company. You are a great leader people are motivated by you." He smiled at me and said "Thank you Fiona." 

I slowly pulled away my hand when the waiter came up to us and said "Are you guys ready to order drinks?" I nodded and said "I will have a strawberry daiquiri." Caspian titled his head and said "I'll have the same." The waiter exchanged glances at the two of us and then walked away to put in our order. I looked over at Caspian and bluntly asked "So how do you feel about Riley and her therapy sessions?" He let out a deep sigh and said "I am glad she's taking them honestly her going to therapy is better than her not talking at all. We both suffered a lot and she just needs more to recover." I nodded my head and said "I agree that's exactly what she needs, but what about what you need?" 

Caspian looked caught off guard and asked "What do you mean what I need?" I raised my brow and said "Well if I am being honest this past year you have had crazy relationships, and that can't be healthy for you. I mean first you almost married Jaceyln, then she turned into a serial killer and murdered people close to you which changed Riley. Now Riley has to go to a shrink because she's messed up in the head and can easily go on a suicidal episode. I am not saying that any of that is her fault but I don't see how coming in and out of toxic relationships is healthy for you?" Caspian gulped and his brows furrowed at me, I could tell I planted the bug in his ear and now all I had to do was wait for him to see what I said was true.

Before he could respond, Riley walks straight in the cafe and towards us. She walked right in with her head held high, and my mouth slightly dropped open but I caught myself before Riley or Caspian could see my shock. She pulled up a chair right in between Caspian and I, she let out an evil smirk and bluntly asked "So... What are we eating?"